Do you take alternative medicine seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fibding

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
kansas
Do you think that alternative medicine has secrets that modern medicine simply is not aware of? If so, what are some of these secrets that we should be made aware of?

Alternative medicine is a broad topic. It can include anything from supplements (which have proven effects like Vitamin D) to faith healing. I think more and more doctors are becoming aware that complementary medicine, where things like nutrition. supplements, massage, and other means are used in addition to medication, is very useful.

Very much so! I believe that chronic illnesses in general, can benefit from alternative treatments. For instance, when you have fibromyalgia, the conventional treatment is pain medication and mild exercise in the initial stages. However, when you mix that treatment with relaxation, meditation, soothing baths, herbal teas, and massage therapy, the results can be outstanding! Besides that, alternative treatments seldom have side effects as severe as conventional drugs.

Hope this helps :)

I think modern medicine is well aware of it, but that doesn't line greedy pockets with money. I also think both can help. Do research on your own and decide what is right for you.

Alternative modalities - meditation, Therapeutic Touch, massage (shiatsu massage therapy was my preferred massage, Kripalu, and RMT), chiropractor, acupuncture, Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese herbal medicine, tea (green, white, black), etc. - all have helped. Presently I bought a very expensive massage chair and I place a board on one half of my bed to help stretch the back and ease some of the pain for a brief period of time. I do believe in alternative approaches to pain management. I have turned to pain medication and I am now finally willing to try Marijuana - 10 years after it was first discussed with me - so times are a changing!

I don't think it can completely replace normal medicine, however I do believe that there are certain things that you should think about if you have fibromyalgia. A lot of the treatment is to do with symptom relief, and there are completely natural things that you can do to help with this. For example my friend who has the disease found that bathing in some kind of salts was very helpful to her, yet of course there is no way that this would ever be any kind of official advice given by doctors.

I believe in alternative medicine, I trust it more than the pharma industry at least. Why? Because I have seen with my very own eyes how acupuncture can do wonders! Yeah, great to treat certain things. My mom was unable to conceive until she tried acupuncture! Problem solved! As for the pharma industry... Well, look at antibiotics, after taking them your defences might not be strong at all and you could get sick.

I know because it always happens to me! I dread taking antibiotics! Because I know if I am not careful I might end up with a UTI! So I really think alternative medicine is great for certain things.

Im currently off all prescription meds. I am trying Medical MJ. So far since being off meds I feel better than I have in a long time. Since way before I even found out I had fibro. I use very little and it seems to be a very effective option for me. I hope it continues. I am still in pain daily but I feel better overall. I hope you find something that works soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternative medicine does has its pros and cons. Personally I feel it does help and needs to be taken seriously. Alternatives include holistic, supplements, change of diet, east style medicine from places like India, China, S. America and so on. Diet regiments such as change in what you eat has been known to effect you physical ailments. Meditation is a good way to clear your mind as we all know that some of us suffer from fibro-fog as it is call but to balance ourselves one must do body, mind and spirit to align them all in harmony. I do take alternative very seriously as if the so called pills does not work, then what is left? Alt medicine.

I wish I could be on medical MJ, but it is not legal in my state. Until Med. MJ is illegal I cannot take it, though I have taken it before in another state. My state has some of the most strict laws on MJ that just a simple joint will put you in jail for one year or a 5,000 fine. At the moment moving is impossible because of funds.

Don't forget that the so called alternative medicines are the base for the conventional medicine, so I am pretty sure they can help, I trust them more than I trust conventional medicine.

I think natural remedies and medicine is something we all can take a look at. It is nature that creates illnesses and I truly believe that nature also makes a cure for it. Go to your local chinese natural medicine store and see what they have for your ailments. It doesn't hurt to ask and see what's out there. Mankind has been surviving for thousands of years without modern medicine and now all of a sudden we have to get a doctors note to get cleared for anything.

I think "alternative" medicines are only seen like that due to false propaganda from the pharma lobby, they should be called complementary medicines.

do take it seriously, for some reason I tend to believe with time it will be one of the major ways for treatment, although there are different tyupes of alternative medicine, so it all depends, but it does work, the best thing about it is that, it has less side effects.

That is one major advantage in alternative medicines, it's aimed to cure, it's no an atomic bomb that might "kill" some disease, but generates others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back