DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
3/2016
Country
US
State
Connecticut
Good Night All,
Wanted to make a post because A. I'm in so much pain and B. I'm nervous about my doctors appointment tomorrow with my PCP who I'm not a fan of at all. I'm having really bad shoulder pain and leg pain my back is really sore as well I'm trying to rub like icey hot on it bit it hurts to touch and it hurts to touch and the icey hot isn't working all that great :-( I'm nervous because she doesn't do anything about my pain and she also doesn't want to help me manage my pain with a decent medication, so I'm not sure how this is going to end up going because my rhuemy pushed me back to her and its really hard to talk to her I probably would have more luck telling a pebble to turn into a boulder. I don't know what to do wish me luck and hopefully I can leave with some decent pain medicine and a treatment plan

Kerikay,

If you don't get help like you NEED I encourage you to go to someone else! What a loss of time, money and emotions on someone that is inadequate for the task. Usually it takes a few team members to cover the whole of your needs. Right now I have a PCP that is a naturopath/ MD, a pain management Dr., a Chiro and a massage therapist. And as I had a total knee replacement 2 weeks ago I also have a surgeon and physical therapist for awhile. Do your research on the doctors and know what you need addressed first--what is screaming the loudest--in case it comes to that.

Please check back and let us know how you are doing.

Many patients are at a loss when it comes to choice of a doctor for treatment. You express apprehension about your doctors' willingness to help you. It is good to have have someone you know to refer you to a doctor. An organised list of your symptoms will enhance communication with your doctor. You can also experience prescription treatment option from Pfizer by calling the number 1-866-706-2400 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m from Monday to Friday.

Thanks for the advise the appointment went fairly bad, So The PCP that i a saw today my mother had recommended her so i started going to her, Because shes been really nasty to me previously i invited my mom to go with me to the appointment since my mom seemed to love and i seemed to hate her so my mom can help me communicate to her I thought it was a good idea because i live with my mother and she sees how much pain i go through on a daily and the doctor and my mom have such a great relationship it would work out.

So i have been telling my mom about the appt for about a week now this morning i guess my step dad decided to tell her about an appointment he had for 10:00 and mine was for 9:20, my sister suggested we all drive together since my appointment was in the same area as his but that couldn't work because i had an appointment after to get my car looked at. So she really was going to choose going with him rather then going with me that was the first issue of the morning then we start using our noggin and she decided that she was going to drive her car and meet me at my appointment so i go ahead so im not late she gets there extremely late and when she told the front desk lady to let her back my doctor declined her from coming into the room the doctor didnt even ask me if it was ok for my mom to come back she just said "no no no" I then told her that i wanted my mother to come in the room she the said if my mother has any questions she can call her but i told her...

i was experiencing alot of pain she prescribed me to up my dose on the gabby and to try methocarbenol (muscle relaxer) i also told her one of the meds side effects are causing my to like lose my taste buds or like my tough is pealing or something its hard to explain the sides of my mouth are raw and bleeding and im having constipation (TMI) in addition my heart rate and pulse have been pretty high 143/90 and pulse 141 for about a month and a half now she didn't do anything about the fact my mouth is like pealing and the constipation she also said i need to see a therapist to bring my heart rate down :x because i look stressed. First off, a therapist isnt going to bring my high heart rate down I'm not stressed more then the norm and I thought that was the icing on the cake.

she gave me a EKG and said she would call me back. So i walk into the waiting room and my mom FLIPS OUT and claims im the one who told the doctor not to let her in which makes no sense if im the one who invited her in the first place my blood pressure is already high so i've just really had it after my mom is through ripping me a new one i go to the pharmacy to go and collect my meds and this doctor NEVER CALLED IT IN and its now 1:00pm and my appointment was at 9:20am I call the the doctors office and the nurse was extremely rude and says the doctor has other patients and i cant just take up her time and some other very rude verbiage.....at this point i just bust out in tears because today was just draining and literally hard to deal with for anyone much less me ughhh im just so over today

Oh boy. New doctor is in order, I know when you feel like this looking for a new doc. Is hummmmm, one of the last things you want to do. Ask your pharmacist if they know of any doctors that appear to be treating fibro. I'm in the same mess but have a more regent matter right now.
Your mouth, this is called SICCA SYNDROM, the med I take for it is cevimeline. It is another auto immune that goes with lots of fibro. Take care of this quickly as the drynes can really hurt your dental hygiene.
I know you feel like you need your moms support and it would make your life TONS more manageable, but you may have to get this under control with very little support. I would not invite her to another Dr. Apt until you find a doctor you like. You can remind your mom this doctor clearly believes you have fibro or she wouldn't be prescribing meds. And why would have wanted her to come so badly then not let her come back for the visit? It sounds like she let frustration get the best of her, as we all do sometimes.
Blood pressure and heart rate issue developed just a Jew months before my full body pain started. I had a very rare heart attack caused by fluid surrounding and compressing the heart. Please monitor your blood pressure closely and if this continues you may need bp meds also. When my bp is way up I've realized I feel even worse then usual. Keep it under control.
Chin up. Your making a little progress. : )

Thanks for the advise the appointment went fairly bad, So The PCP that i a saw today my mother had recommended her so i started going to her, Because shes been really nasty to me previously i invited my mom to go with me to the appointment since my mom seemed to love and i seemed to hate her so my mom can help me communicate to her I thought it was a good idea because i live with my mother and she sees how much pain i go through on a daily and the doctor and my mom have such a great relationship it would work out.

So i have been telling my mom about the appt for about a week now this morning i guess my step dad decided to tell her about an appointment he had for 10:00 and mine was for 9:20, my sister suggested we all drive together since my appointment was in the same area as his but that couldn't work because i had an appointment after to get my car looked at. So she really was going to choose going with him rather then going with me that was the first issue of the morning then we start using our noggin and she decided that she was going to drive her car and meet me at my appointment so i go ahead so im not late she gets there extremely late and when she told the front desk lady to let her back my doctor declined her from coming into the room the doctor didnt even ask me if it was ok for my mom to come back she just said "no no no" I then told her that i wanted my mother to come in the room she the said if my mother has any questions she can call her but i told her...

i was experiencing alot of pain she prescribed me to up my dose on the gabby and to try methocarbenol (muscle relaxer) i also told her one of the meds side effects are causing my to like lose my taste buds or like my tough is pealing or something its hard to explain the sides of my mouth are raw and bleeding and im having constipation (TMI) in addition my heart rate and pulse have been pretty high 143/90 and pulse 141 for about a month and a half now she didn't do anything about the fact my mouth is like pealing and the constipation she also said i need to see a therapist to bring my heart rate down :x because i look stressed. First off, a therapist isnt going to bring my high heart rate down I'm not stressed more then the norm and I thought that was the icing on the cake.

she gave me a EKG and said she would call me back. So i walk into the waiting room and my mom FLIPS OUT and claims im the one who told the doctor not to let her in which makes no sense if im the one who invited her in the first place my blood pressure is already high so i've just really had it after my mom is through ripping me a new one i go to the pharmacy to go and collect my meds and this doctor NEVER CALLED IT IN and its now 1:00pm and my appointment was at 9:20am I call the the doctors office and the nurse was extremely rude and says the doctor has other patients and i cant just take up her time and some other very rude verbiage.....at this point i just bust out in tears because today was just draining and literally hard to deal with for anyone much less me ughhh im just so over today

So sorry to read your appointment went so badly :( I know the feeling, I've a neurological problem (diagnosed recently) as well as other health issues. So I've been coming and going... seeing so many doctors, getting a lot MRIs done... finding a decent doctor is so hard. I swear! Everyone talks about second opinions, but most of the time you will likely need more than just two opinions... after 2 years since my neurological issue diagnosis I'm still looking for a good neurologist, so exhausting. I feel like giving up on this at time and just let things run their course.

Hang in there, I just told you all this so you know you are not alone at all. I hope we both can find a decent doctor soon... so tired of rude nurses and doctors who see themselves as some sort of divine entity.

Thanks Trellum I"be been diagnosed so recently ( 3 weeks) and it's been a struggle to find a good doctor, I have a feeling this will be a ongoing battle that I might not win. I hear so many horror stories about doctors who don't know how to treat fibro and throw drugs at you, some who just don't understand or believe in our illness period. I mean I would love to live a some what happy life but I can't if I'm in pain all the time even if I can only work part time and adjust my lifestyle I would be content with that at least but right now I'm just really struggling and I'm afraid it will be hard for me to finish school (college) and I only have 11 more weeks of clinicals. I've already droped worked down to 1 day a week 6 hours because I REALLY CANNOT DO IT, doctors don't seem to understand or have a solution to relieving any of my pain yet and the meds prescribed aren't really doing the job at the moment which scares me.:sad:

I believe you are writing here for all the right reasons. Whenever you feel pain or nervous about something, just come here and let it out of your chest. Do look for the best doctor, many times that can make the biggest difference!

I come here because this seems to be my only outlet and everyone here has great suggestions and very warm and supportive. I really don't have a lot of family support because my fibro and pain is overlooked because my mother has another chronic illness. My friends that I used to have to to disappear and I only have 1 friend who is busy alot of the time but she does try her hardest to make sure I'm ok. And I have 2 other associate friends who send occasional text like once every other week to check in my dad just doesn't really care, things are very lonely. I wish I could offer people a friendship or I had a good group of friends but its ok I have everyone her my fibrofriends lol I can't say you guys are never here or don't understand lol. Back on track the doctor thing is very hard and I guess takes a lot of time and I must say energy too almost feel like giving up but I been searching and asking for a lot of recommendations

life is ever evolving! Chears you... You are about to start a new life that is based on you. You are going to be stronger and more self reliant. I am sometimes surrounded by people but I am always lonely with my fibromyalgia. It is my cross to carry. I would be a lyer if I told you I never through up my arms and declare "I give up". I had what I call a "10" day just a few days ago. I beg God to just come get me. But most days I'm looking for answers or ways to make it better. I think of what I will do if I'm ever free again and the greates gift this disease has given me is true compassion and appreciation. When you have your first "3" day (yes, you will) you will feel more alive then ever. You will savor every second of it. And you you will get through the "10" days russet just knowing a "3" could be tomorrow. you are a fighter. God knows how strong you are. Everyone on this forum knows your a fighter. We know because you are one of us!
There is a season for everything, right now you are in a season of need, you need support, kindness, wisdom, compassion all the things of friendship. Next season you may be in the season to give. Don't despair and don't give up. Someone is going to need your friendship next season (and it will probably be me! Lol).
You are here for a reason and your suffering isn't for nothing. All books get balanced in the end. ; )
Cheats to "fibro friendship"

I am not a fan of my PCP either, and it always makes for a rough visit to the doctor. It is kind of weird when you consider the fact that I could just switch, but I just so used to going to him and it is a hassle to consider anything else. Oh well, I guess that is just my routine to go with the easiest route. I hope that you can get some relief for your pain though.

I wish you the best of luck. We left traditional medicine a few years ago, which never gave any help, and caused some very bad side effects like significant weight gain, mood altering drugs, and drugs that caused x-rated slasher dreams and suicidal ideation. We started using alternative medicine, mostly and diet changes and supplements, and have had amazing results, although it's not a cure. A three hour outing used to leave my daughter almost completely bedbound for at least three days. Now she can work six hour shifts three days in a row! For us, it has been a miracle. It takes many months -- I'd even say years -- to find the right forms of the right substances that your body can't make for itself or get from your diet, to start healing and showing real improvement. But, it works! It really works!! I'd say it took us about three or four years to get here, including doing some research into her genetics and finding MTHFR and a genetic mutation related to using vitamin A and problems in detox, and then reading online discussions of what people who have those mutations were doing to cope with it, but in the end, we saw huge progress.

My point is there are other options, if this doesn't work. At one time, we began to believe there might not be other options, but there are!

Thanks Trellum I"be been diagnosed so recently ( 3 weeks) and it's been a struggle to find a good doctor, I have a feeling this will be a ongoing battle that I might not win. I hear so many horror stories about doctors who don't know how to treat fibro and throw drugs at you, some who just don't understand or believe in our illness period. I mean I would love to live a some what happy life but I can't if I'm in pain all the time even if I can only work part time and adjust my lifestyle I would be content with that at least but right now I'm just really struggling and I'm afraid it will be hard for me to finish school (college) and I only have 11 more weeks of clinicals. I've already droped worked down to 1 day a week 6 hours because I REALLY CANNOT DO IT, doctors don't seem to understand or have a solution to relieving any of my pain yet and the meds prescribed aren't really doing the job at the moment which scares me.:sad:

I understand how you feel :( So sorry to hear about the meds not working, but you know? I've been member of this forum for a long time, and I also attend a support group i my city. I have heard the testimonies of a lot people who with the right treatment have more good days than bad ones, but it was a lot trial and error and they were in the hands of good doctors.

That is why it's so important to fight really hard to find a doctor who believes in fibro and has experience treating it, otherwise all you get is just a doctor who wants to be over with the appointment quick and just fill a prescription. I've had a lot experience with awful doctors, they can do more harm than good. Don't settle for an ok doctor, I know it's hard to find a decent one, but you must keep on fighting, there is hope! But you need to find someone who knows what he is doing.

Hang in there girl! I hope you read this! Just focus and keep on fighting! I'll keep you in my thoughts, WE CAN DO THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back