Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I can't get enough chipped ice. It's better than candy and more satisfying than any other beverage I could drink. As much as I love it, I am sort of afraid I might chip or break my teeth chomping on the stuff! Does anyone else chew on ice?:?:

While you might just love the coolness of ice chips, the other reason you might crave ice chips can be due to having iron deificency anemia. This can be researched on line to see if you have any other symptoms. Try ice cream instead and you won't break your teeth. :)

Thank you for the explanation in the above post. I thought it might be an iron deficiency anemia. I've read that vegetarians get the same deficiencies unless they eat a lot of iron in green, leafy foods like spinach and kale. Both of my family members go overboard on the ice. Ice in the drinks, iced coffee all the time and chipped ice after meals.

Oh my gosh, you are exactly right! I have been anemic for fifty years, no lie! No one seems too interested and it is such a fact of life for me, I don't give it any thought. Am I run down and tired? Yes but only all my life!
I think I have heard about that before. I must keep that in mind, maybe get some iron but they are so constipating. I'm a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back