Does Anyone Else Feel Cold All of the Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerin49

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
Oregon
Does anyone else feel cold all of the time? I have been dealing with feeling cold all the time for the past 4 years, and except for wearing a sweater or jacket inside, it doesn't seem to go away ever! If anyone else has had this happening to them, or if you might have some suggestions as to what I could do to improve this, I would really appreciate any and all feedback.

I got htat all the time when I lost a lot weight, now I have gained some back it's better. Btw, I have read countless posts on here (in the past) about people describing the same! So, it seems this is quite common among people with fibro, wearing warm socks helps a lot :) As well as getting an extra blanket on your feet as well. I like a gentle rubbing of my legs.

Me too, might also be low blood pressure.

Yes, I agree with this. Except for a short duration for a couple of months after pregnancy, I have felt cold majorly. So much that I had to shift into a different room as I simply could not stand the air conditioning the rest of the family (read hubby) wanted. Initially I felt I was anemic or with low nourishment to feel such. But as I read more and more, I'm certain it is due to this reason. But ironically on some other days which are humid, I feel quite miserable.

I understand the humidity thing, it has been humid up where I live here in Oregon all summer long which is not the norm for this part of the country. Actually I think the whole world is going to have to learn a new normal the way that things seem to be going when it comes to the weather. It's been so humid that I am not sleeping as well as I had been and the humidity is what really gets me when it comes to being uncomfortable and in pain from the Fibromyalgia. I also seem to get more muscular aches and I feel much more drained and tired. I'm sure that many people that suffer with what we have feel the exact same way.

I am always cold, but I have always blamed it on my thyroid. Here's a resource that a friend sent to me about foods that can warm you. It sounds sort of out there, but I find when I cannot get warm that eating oatmeal for example will help. Never know. Might be useful to you.

Link Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried a Heating Blanket, that helps me sometimes I wrap it around me tightly and it actually feels comforting like I'm being hugged.

My hands and feet are always cold.

All the yes. Its summer right now and I still have to wear a sweatshirt outside.

I go from really cold to sweating, I am very rarely at a 'normal' temperature. Its so annoying x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back