Does anyone else have an annoying ringing or buzzing in the head or tinnitus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayJ

Hello, I am new here but have had this diagnosis for a long time. Recently, over the past four months I have developed a terrible buzzing or ringing inside my head. I guess it is tinnitus and is coming from my ears (both) but it feels like it is in the top of my head. I am going to have my hearing checked and then hopefully see an ENT. I just read last night that this is common with fibromyalgia and wanted to hear from others. Also, it is a lot worse at night and when I first wake up so it is seems to be worse when lying down. I should mention that my eyes, nose and throat have all been extremely dry and sore over the same time period. Anyone else?

Hi KayJ and welcome in! 👋
Yep, tinnitus is common, not sure if it's the chicken or the egg or both...
I don't have it, but ginkgo is often recommended, e.g. by my doc when I once had acute hearing loss, and my wife has it & uses it.
Don't think sore/dry eyes, nose and throat are related, that might be sicca syndrome, which I like to call mine as also my skin, mouth and stomach (hyperacidic) are dry. Doesn't help tho, still needs each symptom to be treated individually... 🙃

I've had tinnitus for years, probably as long as fibro. My doctors just ignore it when I talk about it, so I suppose it is pretty common for us. It does seem to be its own thing and not brought on by a cold, etc.

Yes kayj I still have it now (I woke up with it) sometimes I wonder if it’s my pain meds or sinus issues oh yeah I get them with headaches and migraines too annoying high pitched ssssssssss sounds like the start of a gas explosion (let’s hope my head doesn’t blow up 😆) I’m on list for ent too. Welcome to our very cute forum ☕🧁

Ketch I am right now annoyed with your drs, they should not be ignoring anything you tell them, although some that I’ve seen in the past have been right 🤬 (I hate it when drs don’t even try) 😔

Last edited:
Ketch I am right now annoyed with your drs, they should not be ignoring anything you tell them, although some that I’ve seen have seen in the past have been right 🤬 (I hate it when drs don’t even try) 😔
Yeah, they do some things that aren't very helpful. My medical comes from our Veteran's Administration. They are pretty good and are helping me but seem to ignore the parts they may have to financially compensate me. Wide circles around that, tinnitus is almost automatic 10% disability. That's ok, all I need is the advice and help, for what it is worth to fibro.

Good luck! 🌟🌼🌟

Oh are you an ex veteran!!!!! Oh one of my favourite youtubers mrballan is too! it should be standard that they’re giving you some kinds of tests for tinnitus if that’s the case (and I thought I was annoyed before ) 😤 😞 🙄

This was a great question. I, too, have buzzing in my ears at certain times of the day. Dr wants to chalk it up to getting older but I think more it is a common thread of fibromyalgia.

Any of you tried ginkgo on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back