Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
I take 60 mg of Kadian (Morphine) twice a day I get no high off of it like many people who think you do. Because its a pill and not IV it doesn't affect you the same way. The way of delivery, orally, you don't get as much of the medicine in your system. I also take Percocet 10/325 and cut them in half. I take a half to a whole every 6 hours. I have gone off the Kadian before because I thought it wasn't helping, but after withdrawals I realized it really did help so I started them again. Does anyone get relief from pain with narcotic meds?

Hi I'm new here, and yes I do take pain meds. I have to take percocet when the pain is unbearable in my legs. I try really hard not to take it but the pain always wins, when I can no longer suffer with the pain I take it. I know I should not do that but the pain meds also send me into anxiety attacks. I've had to open heart surgeries for my mitral valve and have a mechanical valve, so I think the anxiety attacks has something to do with my heart. Pretty much everything they give me gives me anxiety attacks. So I have to suffer with the anxiety attacks if I take the pain meds. They did give me a migraine pill (fioricet) to try, but I have not filled it yet. I really don't think a migraine med is going to help with the amount of pain I have. I do take Lyrica daily 300 mg a day and then the percocet when the pain just gets too bad.

Jr,welcome to the forum.
I take the meds too. I have no choice.
You see I have fibro, lupus,arthritis, small fiber neuropathy,and metal allergies/reactions.
First I found my triggers and avoid them.
Then I've come to terms with myself that a pain
Level 2/3 is what I have to live with.
I have allergic reactions to most meds due to
Preservatives in them. I went 10 years with no meds
And scared to death of them. I came to terms with
That too. Walking it off and crying does not help reduce
The pain. Stress increased the pain.

I'm on 45mg of morphine a day. I call it a wiff of a dose.
Most folks with my pain levels have cancer and are on
200 mg min. The med is time released.
I also take trizanadine muscle relaxer as needed.
I had to get off the percocet(oxycodone) due to
I now take fentynal spray(subsys). The meds works
Great for me if you take the right dose they way you
Are instructed by the manufacturer. The spray
Is a new product and the manufacturer is paying
For mine so no cost to me. This med is for break through
Cancer pain. My pain mgt gets it for me. The manufacturer
Also paid my deductible and next month my total
Out of pocket expenses. Cost of this med on my low
Dose 200mg-1000mg each break through pain day is
$12,000 month. There are other types of fentynal
Products on the market. All my life my step dad
With his 2 PhD's told me to take 2 aspirin each day
Weather I needed it of not. Also warned me about
The preservatives in our food causing cancer and
Other medical problems. I wish I'd listened to
Him at age 8. So now the aspirin gives me a lot
Of relief. Some folks can't take it and I'm sorry.
I did try the tramadol that most folks on here take.
Of course I have a allergic reaction(pass out)within
Minutes of taking it. I do hear it works through.

Keep in you meds take them as directed or you
Will have withdrawal all the time. Refill as soon as
Possible and contact your doctor before each
Refill to be sure your still on the same page.
I'm sorry you are having this pain. Hang in there
Take the meds and get atleast a level 2 relief.
Stay well learn and grow!

I am prescribed Oxycodone for my chronic pain. This is the only opiode that doesn't hurt my stomach. It's a drug that I can function on without being groggy or sleepy. I have controlled release (12 hr.) pills and instant release (4-6 hr.) pills. I don't abuse this drug, but am grateful for it.

I've been on the Percocet for about 6 years. As of the past 2 months I wake up choking on stomach bile. I also choke on what I eat a lot of time. It gets stuck and I have spit it out. It's really frustrating when I am hungry, I get so frustrated I just put my food up and I starve lol. I am having a barium swallow test soon. I think all these stomach problems, are from the meds. I also forgot to add that I throw up like 5-6 times a week. But on the other hand my meds are a life saver. I wake up about 2 hours before I have to get out of bed and take them so moving in the morning is a little easier. I went grocery shopping yesterday, or I should say I tried to go shopping. I didn't get half of what I needed because just walking around the grocery store is too much. I had to hold my moms hand because I was having a rough time balancing as well. I've been trying for years to get diagnosed but I am afraid to be diagnosed as fibromyalgia isn't taken serious by many people. People who don't have it have no idea just how disabling it can be. And I keep getting denied disability because I have no diagnosis. Does anyone on here swell too? If I over use something like my hands or feet they swell really bad.

jr see if you have vertigo. balance and throwing up are symptoms. i do not have swelling.

Hi,
I take pain meds as well. I put it off as long as I could, but pain got too bad. I take Ralivia 400mg- it is a time release medication. I have Ultram for the mild breakthrough pain, codeine 30mg (no tylonal) for the medium and Percocet 10-352 for the really bad days. There are many days I don't need anything extra and the time release is enough. I cannot function without the time release pain meds any more. It is too painful. I use the extra's as carefully as I can.

Percoset about 9 years now. I take between 1/4 - 1/2 every day, usually around 4pm when I get achy. Couldn't survive without 'em. Tylenol does nothing. Thanks be to God, I am not addicted and monitor my use VERY carefully.

Hi i take tramadol 50 mg 4 x daily it's an opiate but it doesn't work very well my gp had to change from dihydrocodine 120 mg contius as after year's on them I started to suffer bad side affects it was hell coming off it now I'm on the minimum amount of pain relief I can just about manage on

Tramadol isn't a real opiate, I only found that out the other day, I've been on it five years now.
Cemetryme ive read somewhere that SFN could be fibro related , ?.

For your stomach's sake, why not switch to a drug patch? I have one, Fentanyl, that has to be changed every 3rd day. I was started on Butrans ( relatively new) but in a short while it ate my skin so I guess that was an allergic reaction. I liked it better though as I only needed to change it once a week.

I cannot take Percoset or his cousin, Percodan. One gives me horrible dreams, the other makes me run to the bathroom!

I tried Tramadol years ago, it did nothing for me. 2 ibuprofen two times per day, 2 Pain RX herbal supps in between the ibuprofen and DGL for stomach lining protection. And MSM in three doses daily helps calm pain. And up to 1000 mg magnesium malate and glycinate thru the day, do it for me....I manage pain which is NEVER truly gone. I sleep good with my sleep combo and I can be cranky, but don't want to be on opiads. Been there.....J

I noticed when I take pain meds it does take the edge off for the most part with my muscle relaxer. But they have not got me on the right meds yet because I am new to this illness

forgetmenot, yes, the SFN is the nerves and fibro is all about the nerves. i do believe they are one in the same.
im allergic to the Tramadol.

Ruralchick: the patch you have (fentenyal) is the $12,000 a month, it can kill me at any dose med i take. subsys spray under your tongue. 100 times stronger than the morphine im on. im told i must be on a high dose of morphine time release to take the spray. i have the manufacturer pay for that drug.
you should call them and have them give it to you for free as well.
the patch you use, has aluminium in it. i get a rash and the lupus/immune system begins attacking that spot.
watch your dose and keep a good eye on the reaction you have to it.

as sunshine said all the meds will only take the edge off the pain.

Cmetryme .im on a quest now, your metal prob is so unusual .im going to ask my dr about it when I see him.btw are u 100 percent sure your from Earth .winks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back