Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
London
Hello all thank you for reading this, I have been looking at your forum for the last few days and finally thought I need some thoughts from people who might understand as I am starting to feel like I am becoming a paranoid hypochondriac!

Apologies if this ends up being long! I have suffered with aches and pains and odd sensations off an on for a few years but not always constant a couple of years ago an MRI revealed 3 bulging discs in my lower back which kind of explained my constant lower back ache and hip pain which has now eased. I have also suffered me IBS off an on for 30 years and anxiety since I was child which again has come and gone depending on life situations.

About two years ago I started to have aches and pains everywhere, I was exhausted and felt so unwell, blood tests revealed I had very low vitamin D levels and was put on Adcal 3 which bought my level back up to normal and apart from the lower back and hip pain I felt much better until earlier this year when it all came back, extreme tiredness aching etc except this time I was being kept awake by the most awful rib and upper back pain so again blood tests revealed my Vit D was very low and again put on Adcal 3 I also had full bloods done and was checked for signs of cancer, arthritis etc. Everything came back normal apart liver showed slight abnormality but the Doctor didnt seem to bothered as I everything else was fine and I am not a drinker. After two months of Adcal 3 my blood test for Vitamin D came back well within the normal range and apart from the rib and upper back pain I felt good and assumed those pains would wear off. I now take a daily vitamin containing 50% rda Vit D and have gone out in the sun whenever I can.

I started to have physio for my back and hip which worked well and I mentioned to the physio therapist about my ribs and she seemed to think it was a posture problem or that it was our mattress but we have been decorating our bedroom (lots of problems with bedroom) which means we have been in the spare bed for two months and it made no difference to the pain.

Now to the really relevant bit .. the pain has got so bad at night in the last month that the only way to describe it is its like someone is sitting on me I feel heavy moving is unbearable it is like a huge weight (I am slim btw) the pain causes me to groan out loud and every movement is like I have been beaten up, from no where on Friday I developed a knee pain it hurts to bend down and in bed when I straighten my leg I wake up in such terrible pain I just want to cry its like my whole body is locked and stiff and weighted down :( Once I have managed to drag myself out of bed and start moving about it wears off (knee doesnt wondering if I have damaged it) during the day my ribs just feel like I have done a work out and ache, my necks sometimes locks and hurts to move like pulling out a junction etc or someone comes up to me at my desk and turn to look at them but the pain is nothing like it is in bed its almost like its just a nightmare every night and not real. I also get odd sharp pains or aches sporadically in random places like yesterday it was my elbows and last week my thumb joints whenever I held anything! I occasionally have odd sensations of burning/cold or like fizzing in small places (last week for two days every now and then it felt like something had rubbed my neck and it should have been red and sore but it looked fine). I have always bruised easily and if I knock myself it does always really hurt but I think thats just me I cant remember as it seems like I have been in some sort of pain for such a long time!

I am exhausted from not sleeping and although I do get brain fog some days I think its due to the tiredness, it seems such a chore to go to bed I want to stay up at night for as long as I can. I would like to point out that I have not missed a days work and I will push myself to do housework, gardening etc I wont ever let it stop me even if it exhausts me and tbh it seems worse when I am not on the move.

I am planning on going to the Doctor this week but do these symptoms sound like fibromyalgia or anything else anyone can think of?

Thank you so much if you read this to the end sorry it is long tried to cover a bit of back ground, would really appreciate any replies. :)

P.S Think I posted I posted in the wrong section - oooops sorry!

Last edited:
Is anyone able to help? I am so tired tonight but dreading going to bed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back