Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge advocate of medical marijuana. Unfortunately, I don't live in a state where it's legal. I wish I did because I know it would help me with CFS and diabetes. How crazy is that? It makes me so mad that there's this remedy out there that I know will help me and I can't even use it. I wish more people would see the benefits of marijuana for people who suffer from so many diseases and ailments. It should be readily available to those who really would benefit from it! Maybe someday.

I heard on breaking news just yesterday that marijuana use... even in small amounts, does indeed cause brain changes/brain damage. Of course the brain damage issues get more severe with heavier use, but it surprised me that even small amounts are now on the dangerous list.

This confirms the medical findings from December. Does knowing about the brain damage change anyone's mind about the benefits?

"Medical" usage or not, the substance is the same. I don't use it and never would, so this question is just because I'm curious to hear opinions, not because I'm considering using it or anything. :razz:

I have never used marijuana, and am an almost 40 yr old soccer mom, in a non medical legal state. But after all the meds the Drs have put me in that have really bad side effects, I would love to try it. I have no idea how to " score" any and would probably have a panic attack if I tried, so I guess I will wait until it becomes legal or maybe we will take a vacation to Colorado.

Well alcohol also helps with the Chronic pain, but I wouldn't suggest going down that route either. I mean I suppose if the pain was extreme then on occasion you may judge it to be worth it, but I certainly wouldn't even consider it.

I have used medical marijuana to relieve my Fibromyalgia symptoms and I can honestly say it works. Sad to say but, I can't wait until it is legal in North Carolina. I just moved to NC and I'm hoping that medical marijuana will be legal soon. I have been on many if not all the medication recommend for Fibromyalgia and nothing has worked. Medical marijuana improves my pain, helps me sleep better and longer and decreases my fatigue. I choose to use a vaporizer for my medical marijuana use. I believe that it is the best way to consume medical marijuana besides edibles of course. I have used the Arizer Extreme Q and think it is the best, because it double as a potpourri warmer. So, it looks really nice on the counter and, once you turn it on it can scent the room like a oil warmer. Because the medical marijuana is heated and not burned you are not getting the toxins of burning it in paper or a bong. Depending on how you vape medical marijuana you can actually reuse the same marijuana two to three times over again. Another great thing about vaping is after I've used the same medical marijuana two to three times, I save it and cook with it. There is still enough THC to relieve my pain and improve my sleep.

I heard on breaking news just yesterday that marijuana use... even in small amounts, does indeed cause brain changes/brain damage. Of course the brain damage issues get more severe with heavier use, but it surprised me that even small amounts are now on the dangerous list.

This confirms the medical findings from December. Does knowing about the brain damage change anyone's mind about the benefits?

"Medical" usage or not, the substance is the same. I don't use it and never would, so this question is just because I'm curious to hear opinions, not because I'm considering using it or anything. :razz:
no still feel the same, it's a less dangerous substance than most fda approved drugs and let's be real all kinds of things cause brain damage. The studies also show that changes occur in people under 25 when brain development is still taking place. once the brain is fully formed there is no significant brain changes. By the way still no overdose deaths caused solely by cannabis use only.

I am an on again and off again smoker of the herb. Now, I am not prescribed it as it is not legal in my state. It does help me with my pain and stiffness.

Now I cannot speak for medical marijuana but, I do smoke it for extra help with my pain. It is illegal but, I need it to help with my chronic pain so bad. I am sure you all understand. Im pushing for it to be legal. It should be allowed because it is a very good way to help with pain and so much more.

People with Fibromyalgia that do not have pain relief from prescription should try marijuana especially, if it is legal in your state. I know that people have this thought about drugs but, many years ago marijuana was used to make many things. Marijuana naturally grows and can bud without chemicals. I agree that it really helps. I refuse to continue taking depression based medication that don't work and leave me lifeless when I'm not depressed. I want something that works and marijuana works.

Medical marijuana helps, it helps with easing the pain it also helps with relaxation, as long as you are taking it according to the doctors advice, it works well.

As for brain damage - all pain medications, and most substances in general, cause brain damage. In fact, living causes brain deterioration. I've read many, many studies. The side effects of marijuana on most of the body are negligible. The studies that get news time, outside of maybe certain shows in certain states, are all biased, poorly done, or at the least rephrased in a way to present the evidence incorrectly or in a frightening way. It's scare tactics, based in a complicated history about marijuana in particular as well as many other drugs that were at one time perfectly acceptable for medical use.

However, there are side effects, like any other medication. I don't really experience any, which is why I enjoy it so much. Some people get anxious, heart palpitations, temporary memory difficulties, hallucinations, seizures, and more. It actually helps me with my anxiety and seizures!

Smoking hurts your lungs but I much prefer the immediate relief of smoking. Then there's vaporizing, which is much less harmful than smoking, and also immediate. There's edibles, and pills, which are less immediate, last a long time, and are typically 'heavier'. I also like smoking because I smoke other herbs for pain and anxiety relief, plus I'm a tobacco smoker (I know, I know! :p), so I smoke it all together. And it is my favourite medication. I only recently got my official diagnosis and I haven't started any pharm meds yet. Without weed I couldn't walk, go outside, eat! It helps my pain massively, my nausea, my insomnia. It really is a cure-all for me.

As for strains I'm pretty broke so I end up getting the cheapest. There are so many anyway, I would have a hard time narrowing it down! I try to get a heavy indica for sleep and body pain, and sativa for fighting fatigue during the day.

I am in a non-legal state, however the largest pot farm in the world is in my backdoor, CRAZY!
I am a supporter of the mission to legalize MJ. I believe it has many benefits.
My husband jokes around saying when were both retired we will sit on the porch in overalls and smoke weed all day and stare at the pond and watch the grass grow. I am starting to think he may not be joking though haha.

As for brain damage - all pain medications, and most substances in general, cause brain damage. In fact, living causes brain deterioration. I've read many, many studies. The side effects of marijuana on most of the body are negligible. The studies that get news time, outside of maybe certain shows in certain states, are all biased, poorly done, or at the least rephrased in a way to present the evidence incorrectly or in a frightening way. It's scare tactics, based in a complicated history about marijuana in particular as well as many other drugs that were at one time perfectly acceptable for medical use.

However, there are side effects, like any other medication. I don't really experience any, which is why I enjoy it so much. Some people get anxious, heart palpitations, temporary memory difficulties, hallucinations, seizures, and more. It actually helps me with my anxiety and seizures!

Smoking hurts your lungs but I much prefer the immediate relief of smoking. Then there's vaporizing, which is much less harmful than smoking, and also immediate. There's edibles, and pills, which are less immediate, last a long time, and are typically 'heavier'. I also like smoking because I smoke other herbs for pain and anxiety relief, plus I'm a tobacco smoker (I know, I know! :p), so I smoke it all together. And it is my favourite medication. I only recently got my official diagnosis and I haven't started any pharm meds yet. Without weed I couldn't walk, go outside, eat! It helps my pain massively, my nausea, my insomnia. It really is a cure-all for me.

As for strains I'm pretty broke so I end up getting the cheapest. There are so many anyway, I would have a hard time narrowing it down! I try to get a heavy indica for sleep and body pain, and sativa for fighting fatigue during the day.
Welcome to the forums and I know how you feel. It can be costly. I think that is the only real down side to being a medical cannabis patient.

I would not recommend Medical Marijuana. There are many, many more harms than there are uses. In reality, there are much better options.

While talking about the benefits and the side effects of using pot, I would strongly suggest you do not advertise your use of it on line. As most forums can be or might be followed looking for such admissions of use, and your computer id numbers can be traced by the proper authorities. While I do not think it is the case here I would limit such talk to how it is helpful or the cons against it's use for personal safety. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back