Does rainy weather make your fibro worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleo717

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1995
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
It is raining right now and I am feeling more achey then usual. Do you notice that when it rains you have more arthritis type pain and are you more tired. I am also tired and I suffer for chronic fatigue. I am glad that summer is almost here because we get way less rain. I really feel good in July and August because of the lack of rain and dampness. maybe a dryer country would be good for me to live in. Has anyone moved to a dryer climate and had less pain?

Yes! I've always wondered if this was caused by the fact i gets cloudy or the rain itself. Maybe it's due the barometric pressure, guess there was more info on this out there, it would be great to know for sure... tired of educated guesses for everything.

I actually thought about this the other day as it was pouring rain around my house. And, my bones and pains seemed to be magnified times ten. Those days I can barely get out of bed I am so stiff and sore. The pain is almost triple what it normally is on that kind of day, for me at least. I have asked the doctors and, they all say history has proven this to be a true fact about rainy weather.

I can veto that. I stated getting my pains since a month, that's when the rains hit us hard.

Yes definitely. It's worse in wet weather and cold weather and worst of all in cold wet weather. I'm looking forward to Spring.

My fibromyalgia acts up when it is raining or if it's too cold. Some days even when the weather is gorgeous outside, it still takes over. During those times when I know that the weather is going to change I start trying to prepare myself ahead of time(often times doesn't work lol). I try taking warm baths and hot showers, I even try heating and cooling pads. My doctor also prescribed Lyrica for me to use on a daily basis. Some people that I know have said that Lyrica has really helped them. In my situation, the Lyrica only reduced the number of flare-ups but the pain still is intense sometimes.

Rain hurts my whole body big time. The pain starts before the rain comes and stays with me until the sun comes out again. I can always predict when its going to rain.

Rainy weather is a huge factor to a flare up. I always know its going to rain because I'll start to get achy.

You bet it does.

It most definitely does. My flare up is at it worst when raining damp and cold weather happens. It is awful.

My husband always says I could get a job as a weather forcaster because i can predict 2 days ahead of time when its going to rain. It flares me up big time. I live in NC so I am pretty good in the winter, but I went home to Ohio last winter for 1 month and it snowed and was cold the whole time and I was miserable the entire month. i believe the weather plays a huge part in my pain level.

I was just wondering guys... do you all always ache when it's rainy? Every time it's rainy? What about cloudy days? I'm just curious, last few days it has been kinda rainy, but I didn't experience leg aches or cramps, just neck pain! Makes me wonder...

Sunny weather is best, but thunderstorms are also somewhat refreshing. I find the worst weather to be general overcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back