Does this sound like fibro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzyjay

Hiya my name is Jasmine what it is I ain’t sure what it could be but I do my research and everything in the fibromyalgia section seems similar to what I have it’s been going on for nearly 2 years I’ve been in pain I keep feeling sick it hurts when people touch me lightly I feel short of breath and I feel like some days I can’t even do nothing because I just wanna sleep all day i’ve tried telling my doctor but they never seem to wanna listen they keep basing it on my anxiety and I’m just getting fed up as I’m the one that has to suffer and I feel trapped because I know I have pots syndrome the doctors think I do but this on top isn’t helping how I feel so I’m stuck on what to do next really because I’ done a quiz online and I always get pain all over my body mostly in my arms and it just hurts to move

Hi Jasmine, as you probably saw in the quiz: for fibro you need quite a lot of 15 areas (limbs & spine) to hurt a lot of the time, as well as several further severe symptoms (fatigue, non-restoring sleep, brain fog, headache, abdomen pains, depression), which you haven't mentioned. As well as fibro it can be other chronic pain illnesses. If you're not satisfied with your doctor, ask for referral (e.g. to a rheum.), change or at least get a second opinion (if necessary private). To help yourself in any case sunkacola's Big Advice Post (click ▶️ here) is a great starting place.

Hi, Jasmine, What I think most of us have experienced is finding a doctor you can be confident in is a process. Most doctors are truly unwilling to entertain the thought that someone has fibro or chronic fatigue. They just don't touch those terms with a 10-foot pole.

In my area, there are doctors that specialize in it. Do you have any doctors in your area that do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back