Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
Hey yall I'm using this as a vent because I have nobody that knows about this, so here goes. I was officially diagnosed today and I don't know how to feel, I have been in the military for the last 15 years and have been fighting these symptoms on my own for the last 8-10. I could not take it anymore and decided it was time to seek help. I'm just so tired I feel like a zombie 95% of the time a body full of pain and lack of sleep. I guess I will see what can be done and hopefully I can finish the career I started.

Hello and welcome!

I hope you find a great doctor , a medicine plan and lots of support here and it all makes a difference in how you feel!

Welcome tonca! First thank you for your service!
Please post threads with your questions so we
Can help you.read the posts of others. You will
Have to do research as the doctors don't research
For you. Find a doctor you can work with. Remember
Your in control not the doctor. Make informed decisions
From here on. Get the meds that work for you.
You are not alone in this fight. We are now you
New team. You can do more than you think. Just
Keep moving and stay as active as you can.
Feel free to friend me. If you need private talk
Please message me.

Learn from your new friends here.
Stay well, learn, grow,and make informed
Decisions that will help you. Learn what
Others do to make it thru the day.

Thank you for the comments, I feel my hands tied with the docs not very easy to change docs in the military, but this guy is the one who found it after I have seen numerous others in the last 10 years. I was started on Gabopentin Day 1 did not go very well so they lowered my dose I'm so all over the place I just want to find some normality but thanks for all the kind words.

Welcome to the new normal. Good luck with the Gabopentin for fibro...Stats that I can find for the drug states only 10% report relief for fibro taking this med. If it works great, if not, find something that does...

this is from pubmed health.
Gabapentin is helpful for some people with chronic neuropathic pain or fibromyalgia. It is not possible to know beforehand who will benefit and who will not. Current knowledge suggests that a short trial is the best way of telling.

Knowledge is power! Your not alone on your journey, welcome to this friendly corner of the universe.

You know the funny thing or sad depending on how you view it, is that I thought all this was normal and when people asked me why I was angry most of the time I would look at them and ask how are you not. Happy people would piss me off thinking to myself how do people do this everyday, how are they so chipper when their body must be hurting as bad as mine. Guess the joke was on me I never said anything because I didn't want to be labeled as a "complainer" I mean my old man still kick ass at 65 without complaint and I'm in my late 30's here *****ing about being sore.

Hey Tonca, thank you so much for your service. How frustrating it must be to be in the military with this illness and all the tentacles of other issues fibro has. I have never used Gabapentin. I've used various other meds that address fibro, insomnia, anxiety and supposedly fatigue. Some work, some don't work for me, but work well for others. Just keep trying. You might find getting on the right medication can get you through the next 5 years. I'd give each one around 3 months or so to see how it works. Or you might find one works for a year or so, then seems to no longer work (that's me!). Don't be afraid to try another.

I have found that getting into this forum here and there is very theraputic and has been an godsend in my attitude remaining positive and accepting. Good luck to you and gentle hugs.....

Tonca, I to thought it was all normal. One day I asked 3 friends and my wife. When you go outside does the sun feel like it is burning you like you have sunburn each time you go out?
They all told me no. That's why I went to doctor after doctor. Then I was diagnosed with skin lupus. I just thought everyone had this and ignored it. I have a very high tolerance for pain all my
Life. My family knew that at age 7 with the dentist. I was allergic to the novacaine.
At that time it was the only cane. I had to get fillings with nothing for the pain.
My mom would sit there and cry for me. I told her it doesn't hurt and he's only drilling for seconds. My mom would get ,5-7 needles each time and tell me her pain
Was really bad. I just thought everyone had no pain like me and they just
Were scared of the needle.lol. try to find a dentist now that won't use the Cain .you wont find one.
I did finally understand why they wanted to use the needles when one dentist told me in a pissed off tone, the needle is not for you! it's for me! This way I know I'm not hurting you. I told him your not hurting me I don't even feel it. He said you lie and stormed out the room.
Its only what you believe not what others believe that matters.
So glad you joined our family. So sad you have to go thru this with us.
Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back