Don’t make the same mistake I made

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like you have a lot going on and a number of things to consider. I would be completely honest with your physician about how you are feeling at the moment, all of your symptoms, how everything is impacting you and your ability to function, your fear over being able to continue in your job with the way you are feeling and, if they feel you would be a candidate for disability and would they support that? If they are in agreement, start the process now as it does take a long time. Continue to try to get an accurate diagnosis of what is going on and research a treatment plan at the same time. Be positive that you will have a good outcome with this, but at the same time know that you have taken action with regard to disability if you need to go that route. Initiating the process will at least give you some peace of mind. I hope things go well and you get answers.

I was lucky to be seen by a rheumatologist who not only believed in FM but was also very familiar with it as well. He made it clear he was handing me over to my GP for future treatment after the diagnosis. I suppose we’re considered to be difficult patients who are always searching for treatment options and he would rather not be bothered with it.

I’m going to continue with light exercise, stress reduction(easier said than done), and information on this forum to try to improve my quality of life. I’ve tried many medications without much success but I’ll always be open to trying new ones after researching them thoroughly before I start.

Yes now it is. I'm not trying to argue. About 25 years ago (give or take) I was seeing a doctor in California and tramadol was new, long story short. It wasn't classified as an opiate. He loved it because it was better than aspirin and didn't give you stomach problems. But as usual some idiot figured out how to abuse it. So on the subject of opiods, YES VERY BAD. As most drugs are. And I have used and studied and grow and make medicines from marrijuana.
So we OK? Yes, I hope. Just trying to help and keep things straight even if I'm not. Lol
Of course we're OK. Even if we should disagree, that doesn't ever make us "not OK". :)

Tramadol has always been an opiate but only a few years ago got "classified" as such. I don't know why not earlier.
So, we are actually both right.

Always good to mention it if you disagree with what someone says or have information that clarifies an issue or that adds information that may otherwise be overlooked.
Sometimes it's important to set the record straight. Other times it is interesting to voice, and read, differing perspectives. All is in service to helping each other here.

Rheumatologists are the first doctor I should have visited also. Dozens of doctors before (even Orthopedic) did not know why my leg was that way.

Of course we're OK. Even if we should disagree, that doesn't ever make us "not OK". :)

Tramadol has always been an opiate but only a few years ago got "classified" as such. I don't know why not earlier.
So, we are actually both right.

Always good to mention it if you disagree with what someone says or have information that clarifies an issue or that adds information that may otherwise be overlooked.
Sometimes it's important to set the record straight. Other times it is interesting to voice, and read, differing perspectives. All is in service to helping each other here.
Tramadol and Prozac together at high dose and death is near. I had to finally tell my doctor and he didn't even know it. Tramadol used to be Ultram for migraine headaches. I won't ever touch that stuff. I quit a lot of medicines also (when I got a bad effect from them)

I make sure when I pray, I also LISTEN! I am an Aries, so that was hard. Now, my life is directed by the one and only God. I have been so depressed and hurting and asked Jesus to please put His arms around me and I actually felt warm (like he was hugging me). I am now actually convinced others who loved us and died before are helping. Even Merle Streep believes that. I heard her say that lately, and I sat here in an amazed state, because I feel it too. It is wonderful. Believe it or not, I am right now getting goose bumps all over.

Just need to clear up a lie. Tramadol (ultram) safe as aspirin! The reason it was classified as opioid was to raise the price. Almost as bad as lies about marrijuana. Wish people would look at history and learn the truth.
(Getting down off soap box)
I'm sorry, but that's just not the case. Tramadol is an opioid that was developed in the 1960s. Different people's responses to the drug vary, but it is certainly addictive. A dear friend of mine had a four-year battle trying to get clear of this drug, and it damn-near ruined her life. She did not abuse the drug in any way - she followed her prescription advice to the letter following a nasty spinal injury in a car crash - and then found herself in a lasting nightmare of incapacitating withdrawal symptoms. Making the decision to take drugs of this nature should always be weighed carefully, and only explored if the risk is deemed worth taking.

Why do some people think of abusing drugs that could have helped like CBD.

The change/differing of its legal status in various US-states and other countries will have come from the increasing experience how addictive it is. It's not the classification as an opioid/opiate that has changed, but the evaluation of how dangerous it is.

Not-fun fact: 2013 scientists found tramadol in the African herb Nauclea latifolia and thought it was in there naturally. 2014 they corrected that it had got there via cattle excrements.... How embarrassing... o_O

Great factoid!!

Why do some people think of abusing drugs that could have helped like CBD.
I don't think anyone here suggested that using CBD was abusing drugs, although if you can point me to a post that says that, I will stand corrected.
CBD is not, at this point, even classified across the board as a drug in the US. I don't know about other countries. In the USA CBD is living in a sort of confused no-man's-land at this point, and a lot depends on where it comes from and how much (if any) THC is in it, whether it is considered a "controlled substance" or not. Also, different states have different laws concerning CBD. The FDA has only approved one CBD substance as a medication. Whether or not CBD is even considered a drug in large part depends on what definition is being used for the word "drug".

"BPPV (positional vertigo). The BPPV has been treated and is much better"

Hi femfatigued, How did you treat the vertigo? I am very prone to vertigo.

I'm also curious about how to treat vertigo aside from taking medications. Is there a natural way to do this?

Just wondering -- what kind of food regimen has worked for you?

Thanks.

Just wondering -- what kind of food regimen has worked for you?

Thanks.
You will find there are many people who will say that this food regimen or that diet really helped them, and there's no doubt that finding the right diet for you is a very important part of managing fibromyalgia.

However, what works for one person will not necessarily work for another. What you have to do is be your own lab and your own experimental scientist and try different things to find out what works for you.

For instance, if you are going to try cutting out a certain thing like lactose or gluten or sugar, you need to read labels obsessively and cut out ALL of it, and not eat even a single thing that contains even a small amount of that substance. And, you have to give it a reasonable amount of time before you say it does or doesn't work for you because fibro is variable and even if you feel better for a week, or feel worse, it may not be due to the diet change. Additionally, it takes time for your body to get all of something out of the system when you first remove it from your diet. I usually recommend people try a certain diet change for a month.

For some people vegan works. For me, I have to eat meat, but eating very little sugar, zero gluten, and making sure my diet is balanced is the key. For some other person it is cutting 'way down on or eliminating all complex carbohydrates.

You have to find out what works for you. We are here to support you in this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back