Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
Is it OK to ask my local Dr.s Background check? And if so, where do I go? Help!

A place to start is by googling the Dr's name and Curriculum Vitae or CV for short. It will have details on his education and where he worked and what type of licenses/ specialties. It's not all encompassing but a good start. Hope you find what you need.
Sylvia

There should also be reviews from patients and hopefully there will be mainly good.

Thank you, I did some reasearch, and it gave basics. Out of 5 stars he had 1. He's opening his own practice. My first visit with him he said "WE ARE GOING TO START OVER. WHAT?, I CAN'T AFFORD THAT.! IS THIS A WAY FOR MONEY? OR CAN HE BE AUTHENTIC? WHAT A REDICKULUS LIFE I LIVE. I FEEL LIKE ONE BIG JOKE WITH CERTAIN DRS.

Always check the credentials of a doctor, I didn't once and ended up regretting it deeply. It's always a nice idea to search online, that is not always reliable, because there are people who are paid to write good reviews about almost anything :( So always check, after all there are people who are practicing medicine without a license out there, it does happen.

My considered opinion is that this is a good place to start but will only give a glimpse into his competency. A better search can be done online to check the relevant registration body. The trickier part is that even with a proper search, there is no guarantee that the practitioner has a work ethic. Most medical cases alof mishaps gone awry are not done by quacks but competent medical professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back