Dr.s In This Area Lable Fibro Pts As Drug Seekers. Where R the ones who care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTea59

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2000
Country
US
State
TX
It seems that the doctors, for the most part, are either "cattle call" clinics or legit docs who are not on board and call patients drug seekers. How does one convince a Dr. that this is real and besides the trigger points pain, we are usually living with many more issues. When I go into the office, they only want to try to treat one, maybe two, of the most painful areas at the time you are sitting there in the office. They are in a hurry and it seems they can't be bothered with the whole person. My mother said they seemed perturbed if I tried to explain too much of the details. I am so upset about the way I am treated. Do we have access to some kind of an advocate who will listen and try to help. Fibromyalgia is mis-named in my opinion. It ISN'T simply pain. It is DAILY pain and so hard to deal with as such. This pain is caused by degenerative discs, spondylosis, radiculopathy and who knows how many others. I know I am blessed in so many ways. Problem I cannot enjoy my blessings due to feeling so badly every day, most of the day.
I don't know if anyone can help me from this forum but I will take all the help I can get and try just about anything.
Thanks for your time,
Tammy

Last edited:
Hi Tammy, welcome! Your concerns are valid. I've had better luck with a well versed chiropractor and a vitamin store than my personal physicians. My chiro said most of the MDs are 5-10 years behind where they are in the continuum of "getting this disease". My mother who was diagnosed exactly 20 years before me was told "there can't be that many things wrong with you." So I've been fortunate to hit my journey with the knowledge/suffering she's had to endure. Sadly I've come to expect little from providers. I cope by reading everything I can get my hands on and dabbling with dietary and supplement changes. The medical community can't even decide who should treat our "syndrome". Sheesh! Don't give up! You are not alone in your struggle!

Hi Tammy, I was jus diagnosed last wendsday! All I knew of fibromyalgia was the word from tv commercials. I had almost cancelled my apt. With this new dr. Referred by my ENT. I was hurting so bad and had reached a point of begging God if no healing was in store then just bring me home. Last December I had a stress induced heart attack. Shortly after I started having severe pain in my right shoulder, chest and down my arm...off to the ER only to be told the first time it was probably just a panic attack the following 4 times I had everything from eyes rolled at me to actually my husband and I overhear the Dr. Talking to the nurse about what he like to do with the heart attack patient that wasn't a heart attack, a second later my door was slammed shut! Doctors have bounced me around, ingnored me, rolled their eyes, dismissed my pains and symptoms to depression or flat out ignored me! So I really get it. My symptoms continued to just get worse. And just when I couldn't take anymore
When I least expected it my angel was sent. I of corse am not even close to pain free. I did go immediately and buy some capzasin, it gave me some instant relief (read up before use) Friday my doctor called in Volterin and it's been great so far, just hoping when the neurotin kicks in I won't need it around the clock. I don't know what part of TX u r in, I'm in the Dallas area. I would be happy to give you this ANGEL doctors name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back