DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
Can
State
Ontario
How many people here are still driving?

I have been told I am not to drive due to severe sleep issues and as I let my license lapse years ago (avoided sorting it out because of illness), they did not have to send anything official in to the ministry of transportation.

I have seen a few posts here saying people are driving, but even if I had my license, there is no way I would have felt safe doing so in this state.

It's such hell though because I feel like I have to rely that much more on others for support.

I was taking up to 8 modafinil a day to get through my work day (off work now), but still passing out at my desk. When I was switched to ritalin, I shook from the inside out on 2 and felt like a junkie all weekend, so couldn't continue w/ those. When I tried Modafinil again, I found myself sensitive to them w/ a clenched jaw, shaking etc on a low dose.

Have people found something that works?

Forgetmenot

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I'm learning atm, it tough but I need to drive, I have to,my dad getting bad in a car .i never drive when I feel tired,or zoned out. And after driving I feel knackered. For me the theory is the hardest thing to remember. God help me passing that .fibro fog really don't help

diamond

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
I had to give up driving two years into fibro...not because i was tired because the repetitive movement on the pedals, turning the steering wheel etc hurt so much when i got out after a journey I could often barely hobble and my back and arms hurt too much to enjoy being out or even carry a handbag.

The more I read I can see even my better years were much worse than some peoples.

I can't imagine learning to drive now....well done Forgetmenot.

Ruralchick

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
I'm still driving; on occasion I don't if I'm just too tired, it's 25 miles to town, 35 if I need to go to the next town. There isn't a choice anyway as there aren't any buses or anything else out here in the sticks. When I was on Cymbalta I had to quit driving due to not being able to stay awake if I sat still for over 5 minutes! When I switched to Savella that cleared up.

PattiD

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
Florida
I don't drive because of the fibrofog. I have a hard time keeping my mind on more than one thing at a time. Besides it scares me to be on the road here in Florida. :)

diamond

Legendary member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
So pain wise can many of you still drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.