Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
As
State
South Australia
Hello everyone this is my first post I was wandering if there is anyone else who is so sensitive to medications taking them actually makes me so much worse more pain and extreme fatigue and now iam getting severe anxiety which I have never had before I really don't like it I've had fibromyalgia for 10 years it runs in the family all my siblings have it 2 brothers and a sister I can not work and haven't for quite some time what do you do for anxiety not sleeping at night feeling terrible trying self hypnosis. Seems to work a little bit you have to practice lots to get any effect. Thanks for listening
:D

Hello Neen! Some meds. do make me feel worse. I get nausea mostly. When I first joined, some of the members told me not to get discouraged if the med. had bad side effects,keep trying to find the right one for you. In 2005 or so,I was in so much pain,they gave me Vicodin. It did help with the pain,but it also made me sick to my stomach every time I moved! On top of that, it relaxed me so much that I would forget to take a breath! I haven't tried self hypnosis. I found a hypnosis app.on my smartphone,and it really did help me relax and doze off for a few hours. I also found that the sound of a thunderstorm playing will put me to sleep. Hope you find something that works for you! Soft Hugs

Hello there Neen. Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay here. Have a nice day.

Neen, Welcome to the forum. To answer your question, yes I am very sensitive to medications in fact I am allergic to most of them. I find that if a medication makes me feel worse it is best to stop taking it and try a different one. I can not take the meds used for treatment of fibro, and I must rely on Excedrin Migraine to help take the edge off my pain. I also take Neurontin which helps with pain as well. I tend to think it is better to feel some pain as it reminds me not to over-do, compared to no pain where I go gun-ho and find myself in terrible shape the next day.

Try reading through the chronic pain section, as well as, the alternative section to find other ways to help control your pain. Glad your here and look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back