Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2004
Country
US
State
FL
Hello. I am a 48 yr old wife and mother who was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2004. I attempted to manage pain for years on my own until I had no other choice.

My doctor prescribed Cymbalta and that's where my problems began. I decided that the side effects outnumbered the benefits and decided to quit taking it. I was then lunged into a severe depression and became suicidal. It got so bad that my husband (who works nights) would lock up the scissors, knives, and anything sharp before going to work. This happened for 18 months after I stopped and now my pain is now triple what it was before starting this medicine.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen with Cymbalta? Should I gamble and try to find a replacement medicine? Should I try a new diet to help?

Well, it is so bad that you went to that point of suicide, however I personally think thatyou should give your doctor avisit andask him for another medication, might be the same with different components or something like that but tell him what happened to you when you used that Cymbalta thing, you also should try a new diet aswell, and you will be able to see several changes in your life, try it and lets seewhat happens, good luck!

Hi,
Sorry you had to go through that, look up the drugs for fibro and read the side effects, then take that information to
your doctor, discuss the pro and cons of these drugs, Myself I am very drug sensitive, I only use tramacet now
so pain is always an issue. Good luck to you, take care.

I empathise with your predicament ktiger. You state that Cymbalta is not working for you. Don't allow depression and despondency to take over for there are always alternatives. Start by cutting out caffeine, fat and too much sugar and salt. Take Magnesium supplements to check against depression which may worsen your condition. You can also talk to your doctor about hormone therapy using melatonin, 5-HTP and serotonin. There is also a new slow release drug called tapentadol which is quite effective taken under medical supervision. Have you tried deep massage and regular walking? All the best.

Hello. I am a 48 yr old wife and mother who was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2004. I attempted to manage pain for years on my own until I had no other choice.
De
My doctor prescribed Cymbalta and that's where my problems began. I decided that the side effects outnumbered the benefits and decided to quit taking it. I was then lunged into a severe depression and became suicidal. It got so bad that my husband (who works nights) would lock up the scissors, knives, and anything sharp before going to work. This happened for 18 months after I stopped and now my pain is now triple what it was before starting this medicine.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen with Cymbalta? Should I gamble and try to find a replacement medicine? Should I try a new diet to help?

Yep Cymbalta and lyrica. It , they messed me up........bad. weight gain, hair loss, memory issues, dizzy, falling. Ringing ears. Just to name a few. Keep advocating for y,ourself. For me, it took my kids telling me. MOM! Look at all these side effects, they were really worried.
Bless their hearts!

It's sad to see all these side effects, I mean, we have a disease, but the cure many times it's almost as bad as the disease.

Hi there! So sorry to hear you are going through all this. From my experience it seems most folks who have had success treating their pain have tried several medication combos, it's all about trial and error. For that you will surely need a doctor willing to cooperate with you, keep trying new meds until you find the one that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back