DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2021
Country
US
State
NY
Hi,

I have read some closed posts where people mention they feel like they are walking around drunk. I have had this sensation in my legs going on almost 2 months now. I guess I have two questions for all of you that have experienced this sensation.

1. How long does it last for you?
2. Do you have any other sensation in your legs that go along with this?

In addition to feeling "tipsy" when walking, I have a constant ache in the back of my legs that I feel in my hamstrings, back of knee, and calves.

Thanks in advance.

I’m new to trying to get a diagnosis but you just described what’s going on with my legs. They are tired 24/7 and I have pain from my hips to my ankles, especially in back. When I walk, I feel like I have to tell myself how to walk sometimes. I’ve had scans, X-rays and a nerve test and all say “normal”.

I’m new to trying to get a diagnosis but you just described what’s going on with my legs. They are tired 24/7 and I have pain from my hips to my ankles, especially in back. When I walk, I feel like I have to tell myself how to walk sometimes. I’ve had scans, X-rays and a nerve test and all say “normal”.
How long has this been bothering you?

A lot of the time while walking, I feel like my legs are sinking into the ground.

It has been 3-4 months so far. Just had another doctor appointment and still no diagnosis though my PC does believe there is something going on.

Hi,

I have read some closed posts where people mention they feel like they are walking around drunk. I have had this sensation in my legs going on almost 2 months now. I guess I have two questions for all of you that have experienced this sensation.

1. How long does it last for you?
2. Do you have any other sensation in your legs that go along with this?

In addition to feeling "tipsy" when walking, I have a constant ache in the back of my legs that I feel in my hamstrings, back of knee, and calves.

Thanks in advance.
I am actually afraid to go to bed at night because I know I will be drunk in the morning. I never touch alcohol, but this is so scary. During the night if I have to get up to use bathroom, I must hold on to something in order to make it there. Also, some days are so bad I can't hardly move. Every day is painful.

I have found a few vitamins that I am taking. It helps some, but not all. I do research on this disease and listen to all of you. It's awful.

I used to get that drunk feeling but the brain exercises the doc gave me help alot

What type of Doctor gave you the exercises?

I used to and still get this .I also used to get headaches.I spoke to my neurologist who told me it was very common for ppl with fibromyalgia.and that I was having silent migraines ,this to made you walk drunk .

I'll try. It's going to be hard without seeing. They also would put a tens just above my knees for 15 minutes. At the office you get oxygen and red tinted glasses, at home I use the glasses but no oxygen. Close your hand thumb up and raise your hand arm outstretched up and down eye on thumb. 5 times. Not moving your head.
Then put your arm ( have to figure out how to explain)
If anyone is interested ill try and continue. Also I use a rebuilder (similar to tens) on feet for neuropathy.
So you want more?

I have been working with a physical therapist since last July or August and this sensation has mostly gone away for me (not completely but mostly) since working with her to improve my core strength, posture and walking gait. She also has me "nerve flossing" which has really helped the tightness in the backs of my legs. I thought they were tight from my hamstrings but she explained the sciatic nerve can get "stuck" and by doing nerve flossing it helps to loosen it up. If you google nerve flossing sciatic nerve you can find some exercises. I do mine on my back with my foot in the air using a towel to hold my leg in the proper position when I do mine. Anyway, I know that 6 months of PT might seem like a lot of work to get rid of these symptoms but to me it has been worth it and I am seeing a big difference in the small things I can do every day.

Brain doctor who also does alternative medicine. He didn't want to use expensive machines so came up with this.
Yes, please. Can you share more? What alternative medicines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back