Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IR
State
TH
Hey guys,I’m new here.Is it good idea to try dry fasting in order to relieve some chronic pains?.Has ever anybody tried this method?.Already read some articles about it which has many benefits (Autophagy,inflammations and etc). With good preparation can avoid dehydration for save period of time (1-3 days)!

I am looking forward to seeing your results. I was gluten-free for 2 years, ketogenic diet for quite a while, did 2 rounds of 5 day-fasting mimicking diet and have done serveral 2-3 day fasts with only water/decaf coffee and tea. None of it made much of a difference with my pain. I have not been brave enough to try dry fasting. Keep us posted and good luck!

I've never heard of fasting having helped anyone with fibro symptoms, and myself would never do it because one thing that definitely makes it worse for most people is not getting enough good quality nutrition.

going gluten-free doesn't help with fibro. If a person is gluten-intolerant, as I am, going gluten free will definitely make a huge difference in how you feel, but won't lessen the fibro symptoms as such, and won't help anything unless you are gluten-intolerant already. As far as I know, the only dietary thing that helps is making sure you eat regularly and nutritiously. And that only helps because without that your body doesn't have the calories and protein it needs to deal with anything, let alone fibro.

I would never advise a person with fibro to fast. Personally I think it's a bad idea. But if you choose to do it let us know how it goes.

I never heard of dry fasting..I'm curious to know if it works...
I've had fibromyalgia since 2007 and I think I've bought at least 5 bags till date of natural remedies,tried juicing..
Not able to do Aqua fitness, because it causes more fibromyalgia pain...
Tried walking but the chronic fatigue and hot flashes kicks in . and walking sometimes triggered my migraines..
I'm out of options for now but opened to any suggestions.

Basically,If u can find something naturally which helps to reduce symptoms is much better than medicines would have long term impacts!

True, I've tried natural meds but my body is used to the pain killer . Been on Tramacet for 12 years.

Basically,If u can find something naturally which helps to reduce symptoms is much better than medicines would have long term impacts!

Agree with this.

I would be concerned with dry fasting without the supervision of a doctor. I would even be concerned with water fasting unsupervised. But I come from a background of disordered eating and that sounds like an enormous trigger from disordered eating which is completely unrelated to fibro. If you were going to try this I would make sure your schedule was such that you could take it easy and rest as much as possible during that time and really have no outside stress while doing the fasting protocol.

I have not heard of dry fasting so I Googled it. Learned that it restricts both food and liquid and doesn’t allow any fluids, including water, broth, and tea. Dry fasting can be dangerous since you’re not allowed to drink water, you run the risk for dehydration and other complications. Plus, there also isn’t enough research on the benefits of dry fasting.

I have not heard of dry fasting so I Googled it. Learned that it restricts both food and liquid and doesn’t allow any fluids, including water, broth, and tea. Dry fasting can be dangerous since you’re not allowed to drink water, you run the risk for dehydration and other complications. Plus, there also isn’t enough research on the benefits of dry fasting.

Agreed!
I also looked it up and it's a bad idea. Being dehydrated is extremely bad for your body and you might be surprised how little time it takes without drinking liquid for a body to become dehydrated. Depending on where you live, it can happen in less than an hour, and no matter where you are it happens in only a few hours. Dehydration can lead quickly to very serious problems including coma and death, and can do permanent damage to some of your internal organs
DON'T "DRY FAST"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back