Not open for further replies.

Bonnie86

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi Everyone. Im currently going through the motions to be diagnosed. Awaiting blood tests to rule out any other conditions.

My pains started not long ago, but have been pretty full on, I think working from home hasnt helped one bit, and I'm certainly less active now since Covid came around than I ever have been.

I have pains in my neck, and my collarbones are so tender. My knees feel like they are bone on bone, headaches, heartburn CONSTANTLY! Also IBS flare ups (but was diagnosed with that years ago) Im so tired, most of the time. My feet feel on fire, like they are so tight they will explode. And once the sun goes down the Restless Leg Syndrome starts and thats when I know ill have a bad night, and then comes the insomnia, i havent pulled all nighters like this since I was in my late teens.

The pain scaring me the most is the ones in my ribs. It started on the right hand side, on my back towards the bottom of my chest towards the side. I'd convinced myself I had something like Lung Cancer because it hurt to breathe, it hurt to laugh. I had no idea this was also a symptom of Fibro. Now it all makes sense. I now have the pain radiating all over my back, but mainly the rib cage, and seems to be right where my bra strap sits. Its so painful to touch, my ribs feel so bruised.

Is this normal? I'm only 33, and feel like Im going to really struggle with this if I'm suffering so much now.

I'm so glad i found this forum, it's helping me understand this condition so much more, and makes it a lot easier to process knowing you're not alone in this

Hi Bonnie, The first thing I would say is that you need to get a good doctor and tell him or her all about what is going on and get tested for all of the various things that could be causing your problems. It will only hurt you and make things worse if you go around assuming that you have this or that disease, as it has been proven that people who do that and worry about it all the time are more prone to illness as a result. You may not have Fibromyalgia; you don't know yet. There are a lot of different things that could be going on, and the only way you are going to get real answers instead of fantasies that frighten you is to get extensively tested. Find a good doctor who will listen to you and not dismiss your issues as being "all in your head", and find out what is really going on. Best of luck and let us know how the tests go.

Hi, thanks so much for responding.

Since my post I have received my blood results, everything is fine apart from a raised ESR which is indicative of inflammation somewhere, but i know it doesn't pin point exactly.

They are retesting in 1 months time to monitor the ESR and if its elevated again more tests will be done and doctors will start discussions around managing the pain.

All my other bloods came back fine, and the doctor doesn't think there is anything more sinister going on at this moment in time.

Thanks again for your response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back