Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
TX
I was diagnosed several years ago with Fibromyalgia. I’ve recently had a flare up that my have started after a flu vaccine. My dr has prescribed Effexor. Has anyone had success with this med?

Before you try a new medication that might not work or that could have bad side effects, I recommend to you that you read my post called "Advice for managing Fibromyalgia(especially for newcomers)" This is not newcomers to fibro but to the forum. You may find things there that will help you a lot without using potentially dangerous drugs. I know they have helped me and other people. Best of luck.

A rheum. and a pain doc tried meds on me unsuccessfully re. with said bad side effects, but all I read supports that most don't help most people. I haven't heard of Effexor for Fibro up to now.

I took Effexor for years, not for fibro, but for generalized anxiety. I know everyone’s experience is different, but I had a very hard time coming off it. I had to wean off very, very slowly; the process took about a year and a half. Just wanted you to know my experience if you decide to take it, & want to stop down the road.

I take Effexor for depression. I have for many years. I also take 250mg, which is the strongest dosage. If it helps, you sure can’t tell it from me. I saw no difference in fibro after I started Effexor.

I was on Effexor prior to being diagnosed with Fibro. I had been on it for 5 years with much success, however my doctor switched me to Cymbalta when she diagnosed me with fibro and put me on Lyrica. Apparently Effexor and Lyrica do not mess well. I will say that since being on Cymbalta I am doing much better mentally with anxiety and even my patience are much better (my children and husband have loving informed me of this). if you're doctor is willing I would ask her about Cymbalta. It's more for fibro issues than Effexor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back