Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
I just made a big effort wash and do my hair.... because my food shopping is being delivered and i cant really answer the door in my pyjamas and dressing gown with just got out of bed hair!

I got the hairbrush stuck in the top at the back trying to swirl my hair several times around the brush to give in some extra bounce.

So there i am with the brush stuck like glue trying every which way to gently pull the hair out....i can see strands breaking and wonder shall i just get the scissors and panicking that the delivery man will turn up while the brush is dangling.

So now the hair is out but my upper arms shoulders and back are killing me from raising them up for so long.

I could cry...it's all i can do to put the shopping away and now i feel like my arms broken before i start.

Try telling a healthy person severe pain from something so small is even possible...they would never believe it.

Sorry to moan but really i just want a break....guess it was a funny image though!

Last edited:
Oh Willow, I know your not laughing now, but I promis once the pain has subsided you'll have to get a charge at the picture you just painted for us. I can just invision cutting a chunk out of my hair cursing myself for even caring if my hair looked ok for a groceries delivery! My arms and shoulders doubled in pain just reading this. Get in the tub, get your Creme burlee and you hwb/heating pad and rest.

Big hugs

You read me sooo right ...see edit above!!!

I did that before i saw your post as i still don't get posts without refreshing the browser.

Whats even funnier is I was thinking about you as i typed and the creme brulee...thinking i didn't even want to do my hair i just wanted the shopping to be delivered so i could have something yumee for lunch!!!

LOL...no creme brulee but nice cup of tea and shortbread biscuits as a treat!

Lol! You and I man as well be on the telephone right now!
Hope the tea and biscuit make it worth the effort!

Aww, so sorry to hear @Willow. Those who've never experienced it, and often those who even live with those who do experience it, often just don't understand what we deal with on a daily basis. One thing that occurred to me as I read your post was that if you have any artistic talent, you could draw or paint that picture (when you're feeling better, of course), and it might release some of your stress, and perhaps open a few eyes.

Ah Thanks Warrior Princess what a sweet thought from you.

Hahaha Willow I never new there was such a thing as comical nightmares until last night! I threw out my round hairbrush this morning!

Awww, I know the feeling. We are women after all. I'm glad that despite all the adversities you still managed to feel like doing your hair and make yourself prettier :) Not many people are capable of doing that, specially in our situation, but you did. It was such a bad luck your brush ended up stuck in your hair though :( But glad to hear all is good now :)

So sorry to hear you had to go through that :( But I'm glad to hear you still have interest in dolling yourself up :) That is very inspiring actually! I had no interest in making myself look presentable for a while, but lately I feel different. You might not believing, but post like these are such an inspiration for me :)

Holding your arm up is the worsed . And I'm right with u .my shoulders are hurting like hell and my arm has been in pain for two days now .hair brushing is the worsed lol x

I love the person with swag in any situation. I mean sticking your neck above the waters despite the adversity. To me thats a winner's mentality. It is the stuff heroes and sheroes are made of. You see, small things matter, they are morale boosters. If you can't manage these, more complex ones will be an uphill task. By the way, what is the source of everyone's strength? Mine is prayer. Anyone?

Mine is my son.... because however I feel I must survive so that I'm here as a safety net, in all ways, if he needs me.... even though he is all grown up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back