Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
State
QL
Just wondering do you have to have elevated inflammation markers (ie CRP/ESR blood tests) to actually be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia?? Can you have pain and suffer from Fibro without these tests showing anything abnormal?? Thanks kindly for any responses 😊

Just wondering do you have to have elevated inflammation markers (ie CRP/ESR blood tests) to actually be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia?? Can you have pain and suffer from Fibro without these tests showing anything abnormal?? Thanks kindly for any responses 😊
My diagnosis came from the pressure point test and symptom check. I do have some elevated markers for inflammation as well.

Hi Ash, it is going to be different in different countries. You are in OZ and I am not, so I don't know what it is there. It also depends on the doctor. In my case, the Doc diagnosed me based on my reports of what was going on over the years, and by testing only a couple of trigger points (because I flinched so bad he didn't want to do more of them).

Welcome Ash, I was diagnosed based on my medical history and pressure points alone. I didn't even know there was a blood test to show inflammation until I read about it here. Up here in Ontario (Can) I don't think it's used as a diagnostic tool. Good luck going forward.

Welcome to the forum Ash!
I’ve had numerous blood work done nothing has ever come back high. The rheumatologist ordered all of them. This was also a second opinion and she still diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I definitely feel like it was what I was telling her about history and what was going on as far as pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back