Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
IN
I have to have an endoscopy due to GERD and other symptoms. I was supposed to have it done in December, but I had pneumonia at the time and had to reschedule. Well, it's coming up on Tuesday and I'm scared to pieces as they are going to put me under anesthesia. I've got several medication allergies and I've never had anesthesia before, so I'm freaked out.

I know that I need to have it done, and I will, but man, I just wish I could learn to calm myself down.

Hi there Silverbelle :) Don't worry, I've gotten those done multiple times, both with and without anesthesia. I'm sure you will be getting this done at hospital so no worries, those people have everything in control. I'm sure he or she will talk to you first... and ask you several questions regarding to your allergies :) That is what they do all the time. Just take it easy, and don't forget to drink plenty of liquids the day before, so they don't have such a hard time spotting your veins. Everything will be ok :)

I've also had this done a few times, and was very anxious ahead of time, but the actual procedure is pretty simple, and I could probably endure anything with a little Versed. Hopefully the procedure will go smoothly for you, and you'll get some answers you need to find what's wrong and choose the appropriate treatment.

Well, I made it through in one piece lol My doctor said he didn't see any signs of cancer or ulcers. But he did take a couple of biopsies and I'll get those results in about a week. Thank you all for your kind words :)

Oh good, glad to hear that the procedure went smoothly. It's great that there were no visible signs of issues, and at least you only have to wait about a week on the other results. I know it can be scary waiting to hear back on biopsies, but hopefully you will have good results, and now when you encounter someone who's scared or nervous about having the procedure, you can calm their fears.

Felicitations for undergoing the operation without issues. In life, I have realized that the greatest thing to fear is fear itself. It chases us from positive things and hands defeat to us even before one has a chance to fight. Hope you've come out of the experience stronger since our real character assets lie not in the sum total of our experiences but what we have learnt from those experiences. Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back