Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
Initially my family doctor thought the numbness in my face, lips and tongue, the burning sensations on my arms and legs, nausea, tremors, muscle weakness, joint pain, fatigue etc may be Fibromyalgia due to lack of any evidence in blood work of other causative factors. At least that possibility was discussed. I'm 50 years old now. Since I was a kid I had been hypersensitive to pyrethroid insecticides. After a lot of experimentation I discovered my issues were from simple environmental exposure to pyrethroids. Overtime I have become sensitized to that class of insecticides. Since it's used everywhere, i.e. homes, restaurants, hotels, planes, farming, mosquito control etc., many times my attacks are unexpected and unexplainable. I recently tried to stay in 6 different hotels on a trip. Same kind of reaction in each. I had to find a hotel that had just remodeled and hadn't sprayed any chemicals in their rooms. Some folks out there who have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia may just be reacting to the wide spread use of these nerve agents called pyrethroid insecticides. Take a look at the ingredients of the bug spray you use around the house. If it's ingredients list has something that ends in "thrin", i.e.permethrin, bifenthrin, etc. That may be your issue.
I hope this helps someone out there. Prayers

Welcome. And who knows one day they might find out what starts it, there seems to be so many things it could be from.i have noticed most of us have back problems ,could it be that . I sure there find out one day when we're to old to care lol

Its something to research and I'm sure will
Help some folks on here.
Thanks for posting and helping others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back