Not open for further replies.

RomanAnthonysMama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
massachusetts
Hey everyone. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, so I'm very close to giving birth soon. I've been thinking about getting an epidural to deal with the pain (only if it becomes too much), but I was wondering how it interacts with fibro? Do you think it has the potential to amplify my symptoms after birth? I just want to make sure that I am making the right decision, so decided I'd ask those who may have gone through it. Thanks!

I had an epidural and a c-section when I was pregnant. I actually didn't have any negative effects off of it. To be honest, I think the least amount of pain we're in, the better. I would think a lot of pain and illness would be more inclined to make you flare.

I tried the best I could to have a natural birth, but unfortunately, one intervention lead to another and I ended up having a c-section. One of my interventions was an epidural, because I couldn't handle the pain on pitocin. I've always been sensitive when it comes to medicine in that - most pain medicine doesn't work for me. (Is that a normal with FM? Do others experience that too?) So, my epidural wore off every 2 hours! I had to get it done a SECOND time, and then instead of a third time, they pumped me full of drugs through it for my c-section. :(

If you're sensitive to drugs like me, I only share my experience with you to make you aware you might need to keep the anesthesiologist near by. Lots of luck to you and congratulations! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back