Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Hi all,

Found some helpful information on essential oils and aromatherapy.

According to research by Maryland University Medical Center.
Essential oils do have medicinal properties.
When inhaled they go through the bloodstream to the brain.

Aromatherapy with lavender may slow the activity of the nervous system, improve sleeping and help with mood.

In another study,Rosemary oil helped with Fibro Fog in participants.When infused through a diffuser through out the room.

Massage is another way to relieve pain with essential oils and improve circulation.
Mixing oils is an art.

A few drops of essential oil should be diluted in a carrier oil of cold-pressed nut, seed or vegetable oil — approximately 10-12 drops of essential oil in one ounce of carrier oil.

One combination that is recommended for Fibromyalgia,by a popular magazine:

Many floral oils and woody oils blend well.Here are 3 blends recommended as per the article:

Four drops of lavender, one drop of frankincense, four drops of sweet orange, and one drop of neroli.
Four drops of sweet marjoram, one drop of Roman chamomile, four drops of mandarin, and one drop of rose.
Four drops of lavender, four drops of rose geranium, two drops of rosemary, and one drop of lemongrass.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter's boss made me a bottle spray of essential oils. I sprayed them on my ache muscles and they helped my pain and relaxed me.I'm going to find out what oils he mixed together, and I'll pass it on.

I think I will try to make my own bottle,and see how it works for me. Just thought it would be interesting for others to find out about.

Sagey

Smells are so important to me, they always lift up my spirit, make me feel clean, beautiful, even self confident. And with fibro we could all use an extra dose of those feelings, can't we?

So I will surely try these combinations too. Thanks for sharing!

I can't have so many synthetic fragrances or strong chemicals, but I have found some essential oils helpful and safe also. I put lavender oil in my massage oil, inhale peppermint during a migraine and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back