Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Canada
I've heard a lot about people who use essential oils to help with pain, stress, and anxiety? Has anyone tried this?

I use essential oils. Lavender is great for pain and relaxation, and effective when you rub it on the soles of your feet. Best used before bed. I like grapefruit or peppermint for a pick me up and to feel more clear headed. I often use essential oils in my diffuser while I work in my office to help keep the brain fog away and to keep me alert.

They've never done a thing for me. Maybe because I can't smell them, I don't know. But some people say they help, although I have a hard time really believing they ever do.

They do really smell nice, and it's important. Having a nice smelling environment gives us that better mood.

I guess whether they smell nice or not is a matter of personal opinion; I had a close friend who said they all smell terrible, and she couldn't stand to be around them.
I have no sense of smell at all so don't have an opinion on that. But I think the effect they have is psychosomatic, and only works if you like the smell of them, since they do nothing for people who cannot smell them.

Yeah, maybe the effect is really different individually. I watched several documentaries, though I know their objective is to convince us, they rather seem convincing.

Essential oils isn't just about the smell. I know they are supposed to smell but for example chamomile essential oil is very good for relaxation and it works for me even though I really dislike the smell. Because I know it works well for me I include it is a diluted form in my blends when I want to achieve a relaxing state. I think the best thing to do is to experiment for yourself to see if they are helpful or not. For example a blend of geranium, chamomile and lavender in a carrier oil is very relaxing to me and I also used to use it on my kiddo when she was an infant, too. Maybe it is simply that I am taking time to massage different parts of my body as I rub it in or maybe it's a placebo affect but if we are struggling with feeling better then I think any little thing that helps us feel even a tiny but better is worth it.

I've heard a lot about people who use essential oils to help with pain, stress, and anxiety? Has anyone tried this?
I personally love to use essential oils. I urge you to check the quality of the oils you choose to use as they can vary greatly. For that reason, I only use Young Living Essential Oils.

When you choose to inhale an oil via aromatherapy, compounds are absorbed through receptors in your nose, which send messages to your olfactory system (the part of the brain responsible for our sense of smell). Then these messages reach the limbic system, which plays a role in our emotions. Emotions have a direct effect on our physical body and can change our levels of pain.

You may also choose to use oils topically. When essential oils are applied topically to treat aches and pains, the compounds are absorbed into the skin and eventually enter the bloodstream before they’re metabolized by the liver. Some oils are considered "hot" and should be diluted with a carrier oil (coconut oil is my fav).

Young Living offers dietary oils that are generally regarded as safe for internal use. I cook with these oils to get the benefits as well as great flavors. Some of them I just drop under my tongue. :)

For me, adding essential oils to my life have been very beneficial.

Blessings to all,

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with a placebo if it works! However it works is irrelevant, if it helps to use or take it.

YES! I am a wellness advocate for a leading Essential Oil company and a Fibro sufferer. A firm believer also in the theraputic effects with regular use of these oils.
Most important is you must make sure they are Certified Theraputic Grade (as many are not and contain contaminents and syntheic fillers.) Which in turn produce no real results . My 2 cents

Have you tried out different essential oils? Not all have the same pain relief or calming effect. It depends on the person and the essential oil.
For example, maybe lavender wouldn't have an impact on your sleep or restfulness, but rose oil can be a good match for you.

Hi,
Essential oils seems to work for
Thank you me.
Peppermint oil helps with my headache and lavender seems to help with depression.
I buy my oils at Whole Foods but was wondering if anybody can recommend better quality and where to get them?
Thank you!

I use alot of essential oils in my pain lotion and it has worked for everyone that has tried it. I posted the recipe on one of these posts. I also add marrijuana infused coconut oil in my lotion. My husband has lost his sense of smell but it works for him. I'd be lost without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back