Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for you to walk five or ten minutes a couple of times each day? It could even be in your own house. That's what I started out doing. I put the pedometer app Pacer on my phone that counts your steps and each day. I set a goal to get to so many steps and I just walk around the house as I do things. I make a point to get up a few extra times throughout the day instead of being so sedentary. Only problem is you have to remember to carry your phone with you all day lol.

Hi Susan

Is there anything you would enjoy doing at home? Yoga, light cardio or anything? There's loads of dvds out there and you might find something you like. Or if you live in a rural area what about walking, small distances at first and really slowly build it up. Is there anyone that could go with you for motivation? I've been overweight most of my life & continuously yo-yo diet. I hate exercise too, the only thing I enjoy is cycling but it's almost impossible just now with the shorter days & cold weather, I have asthma too so don't really get much in the way of exercise at this time of year. You've taken the first positive step in wanting to do it, I hope you find something you enjoy doing. Good luck 😃

Lou

I live on a hill so I thought about walking down the steep driveway, but very slowly. Maybe twice per week to begin with.

Susan

That's a good idea Susan, the first time will be tough but you'll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly it'll start to feel easier and you'll feel great afterwards knowing what you've achieved. Just take it slowly.

Lou

Lou has good advice!

Walking in the driveway sounds like a great idea. I know walking in a rural area with health problems can be hard. My parents live in the country - they drive to a mall to walk. I remember my grandmother used to do the same thing.

Here are a couple more ideas...

We got an inexpensive stationary bike. I like to use it when the weather keeps me from going out to walk.

Sometimes when I am stuck in bed with a flare I do a few leg lifts just to get some movement in.

Hope and you find a something that works for you!

Lou has good advice!

Walking in the driveway sounds like a great idea. I know walking in a rural area with health problems can be hard. My parents live in the country - they drive to a mall to walk. I remember my grandmother used to do the same thing.

Here are a couple more ideas...

We got an inexpensive stationary bike. I like to use it when the weather keeps me from going out to walk.

Sometimes when I am stuck in bed with a flare I do a few leg lifts just to get some movement in.

Hope and you find a something that works for you!

Hi everyone,

i'm currently in need of participants to take part in my study. The study is about the experience and perceptions of exercise for sufferers of fibromyalgia and would consist of 1 short telephone interview over the phone or skype.

Please let me know if you would like to take part and/or have any questions, it would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

i'm currently in need of participants to take part in my study. The study is about the experience and perceptions of exercise for sufferers of fibromyalgia and would consist of 1 short telephone interview over the phone or skype.

Please let me know if you would like to take part and/or have any questions, it would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

I too exercise but not as much as you. I find every second day I can do a 30 minute walk. It probably is because I am walking around the house or do shopping or driving the car for most of the week. I do find exercise helps but if I overdo it I feel intense pain the next day and am needing to sit down on the lounge or lay down for most of the day. So now I do it every second day. I am going to start water aerobics shortly once a week. Will monitor and then increase hoping to incorporate weights at some point.

Hey Brandi,

I'm really impressed with your motivation and excercise regimen. And others who are excercising daily.It takes awhile to get there I'm sure.

I just finally started religiously excercising after 6 years of severe fatigue and pain.I just started Pilates at home,because I don't have the stamina or strength to get on a treadmill yet or go to a gym. I'm weak, so I'm starting slow and working out all areas the abs, legs arms etc. on a beginners DVD.

I notice if I excercised one day ,I have to wait about 2 days to do it again.Just too painful
It's frustrating because u want to , but your body says no.
I'm too weak to continuously excercise everyday and it is depressing but Im determined to continue, and I already feel my muscles getting stronger, from being so sedentary for a long time.

I just want to say to others on here that can't excercise at all,I Understand, because I was there.And u have to give your body time to heal. It will tell u when it's ready ,lol😀

Don't be discouraged, because all of us are in different stages of Fibro. Some have just been diagnosed, so and may be severe and bedridden,been there!
And others are walking long distances and working.So were all different but we understand the pain and stress it causes!

Keep moving, it's the best thing u can do, even if it's to the bathroom.

Sagey

Yes, listen to your body. Good job doing what you are! And when we increase doing very gradual increases may help to avoid flares. I read that walking and warm pool exercises are two of the best exercises for fibromyalgia. Keep up the good work!

Exercise and healthy diet is the very much important thing for our health. Last month my grandmother had shifted to my home and I am very much protective towards her. I always make sure that she can able to maintain a healthy weight by doing exercise at my home's backyard, which I had paved by Long Island driveway team, last month before her visit at my home. Every day earlier in the morning, I join her by doing exercises together with her so that I can able to spend a lot of time with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back