Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm new here. I just posted an intro in the "meet the new members" area. Let me just go right out and say that it's a relief to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have hypothyroidism and diabetes but I stay on top of both problems. I eat right, exercise, and try to listen to my body if something feels off. Unfortunately, even with eating right and managing my diseases, I can't shake CFS. I can't shake the tiredness or the feeling of being ALWAYS exhausted. My doctor first mentioned CFS back in 2008 when I told her that I didn't feel like my thyroid medication was working any longer. Honestly, while it's been manageable up to a point, I don't remember what feeling fully alert and not tired feels like. As I get older (I'm almost 30), I feel like it's just getting worse.

I read a book on autoimmune diseases years ago. I remember reading that one autoimmune disease typically makes you susceptible to others. What a bummer. I guess I'm not surprised my body took this route. My best advice to anyone is to just listen to your body. I truly believe that because CFS is kind of looked down upon, it really isn't managed the way it should be. I know people look at it like a joke. I think we all know that it's not. I kind of look at it like I need to manage it on my own. Diet and exercise helps, but there are days when it feels like there's nothing I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back