Extreme fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom

I wake up fatigued after tossing and turning all night in bed. I have a awful sinus cold going on right now. Fatigued if I go grocery shopping. Everything fatigues me! I just rest when I can.

Hi Freedom, and welcome in here! 👋 Have you got into a pacing routine yet, got your triggers and your sweet spots sorted?
Despite having all this sorted out pretty well, fibro put my energy down to 40% and now jab-triggered MCAS to 10-20%.
So shopping has to be 5' there, 5' back and 20' in there.
My sleep's got a bit out of control again, Saturday night I was up 3h, then slept another 4.
Yesterday I didn't think of anything to do after less than 8 hours, which was by far not enough.
So today at 6 I took a hot water bottle and put on a 1h Yoga Nidra recording, which repeated more than 3x before I felt comfy to get up - today that was a really good idea. Hasn't increased energy much, but at least it was sort of "restored".

Having a cold on top of that must be gruelling. Due to self-care and masks I haven't had one for >2y. At least regarding the cold we can for once say: "Get well soon": 🤒

I’m usually pretty healthy. Rare I get sick.,But when I’m sick I’m sick. Just getting to the end of this cold now. I wonder what causes so much fatigue? At one point my iron was at 5% and I had to have iron transfusions in the past. But pretty good ever since. Damp cold days my muscles hurt so bad.,I never mention my fibre to anybody. I just go on and never let in and suffer in silence. I will be 60 next month. So climbing the age ladder to.

Mucinex is natural and keeps mucous flowing. You have a cold so need to rest but I use rhodiola and reishi for energy. rhodiola is an herb and reishi ia a very healing mushroom.
I use nasal sprays about 3 kinds. colloidal silver, manuka and x-clear.

I never mention my fibre to anybody. I just go on and never let in and suffer in silence.
I hardly ever (need to) moan or vent, and for me personally it makes it worse, "catastrophizes".
But that doesn't seem to be what you mean, otherwise you wouldn't mention it?

My wife asks me to tell her how I am, and partly that's cos she worries.
But she also doesn't like me to talk more than a few minutes per day about it. 🤯
So the forums are my main outlet.
But also anyone who asks. I've learnt to adapt, put things in a nutshell (one minute) or expand (5 to 15 minutes) depending on interest, putting it in an interesting way, so that people can understand emotionally, can relate. Most people I know - actually everyone - are interested to quite some extent. However, I probably have increasingly made sure I know the right people.. :cool:
I do actually quite like talking about where I am, fibro-wise like everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back