Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NZ
State
Private
Hello I've been feeling this on and off for a few years but been having it again. It's been pretty bad. I'll be awake and aware of it and dreaming, but can't open my eyes as the tiredness and heaviness is so painful and strong. I'll maybe be able to force an eye open but fall back into sleep. During this time I have a headache and pain over my head. Along with it I've been having crazy dreams too. I am not sure what is causing this as I have no new medications. Could be hormonal but I am unsure. It's really horrible and to eventually wake up takes a large amount of force within me. It's like I've been drugged with something really powerful keeping me in this state. Even now I feel like I want to lie down and sleep again.
I was wondering if this could be a fibro symptom since I do have widespread pain (mild and mostly in arms)

Heaviness is caused by stiffness in the tender points of the muscles in the neck, shoulder and head region. These tension headaches in fibromyalgia patients have their root cause in migraine headaches. They can also be as a result of pain in the temporomandibular muscles of the jaw region. This is common in 50-70% of FM patients and are likely to occur 2-3 times a week. They can be remedied by taking ordinary pain relievers but one should avoid opioids which provide a temporary solution to the problem while worsening it. The drug Tizanidine has proved effective in alleviating this condition as well as aerobic exercises.

Some of your symptoms do sound like fibro, but the only sure way to know is by seeing a rheumatologist who actually believes in fibro and can perform the trigger point test on you. If it's positive then it's almost certain you are suffering from fibro, but you have to know that sometimes the results are inconclusive. Sadly sometimes this method can fail, because sometimes you can still have fibro even if you only displayed a couple positive trigger points. Some people get a completely positive result. So you need to make sure you see a good rheumatologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back