Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
ID
I've had 3 follow up visit since my diagnosis and she hasn't gotten anywhere with helping my pain. The pain in my shoulders, lower back, knees, and hips is becoming unbearable. I used to take ibuprofen like crazy, but it no longer helps. Since I told my doctor ibuprofen used to slightly help she decided to prescribe me macrobid(anti-inflammatory). Which is like a stronger ibuprofen. Macrobid only helps with my small joint pain like my wrist and elbows. So far the only medications I'm on are Cymbalta and Macrobid. My next appointment isn't till April 22. Should I make an earlier appointment? What should I do?

Hello Btoppe,

We are glad you found us. Of course, if your pain is unbearable try to get an earlier appointment. But while you wait, keep a log of your pain, what makes it worse or better, what you do to aggravate it or calm it down. Also, if you have not already done it, have your vitamin D levels checked, (simple blood draw), as low D is common with FM and can elevate pain levels. Use a heating pad, hot shower/bath, hydrate; drink lots of water. Some inflamatories are sugar, artificial sweeteners, carbohydrates and often red meat. There is much info here on this site that can educate/help you. YOU need to get involved in your health and treatments.

Hope some of this helps, there is more that can help but a lot is trial and error as everyone is different. Please post again and let us know how you are doing.

Thank you for the information and advice. I plan to start a log starting tomorrow. My doctor has not talked to me at all about my vitamin D levels. Maybe she will soon. Thank you very much for informing about inflammatory foods I was curious about that. My newest plan to help with my joint pain is some at home physical therapy. Hopefully it will start to help soon. Thank you again

welcome to the site. she gave you great advise. you need to take control of your treatment. you need to tell the doctor to check your vit D and not wait for them to ask you. please see my post starting a daily log book. it has good information for you there. your goal is to have on more than a level 2 pain.
get to the doctor and have you questions written down and get answers. fibro is not inflammatory. its nerves. so my post what is fibromyalgia.

read the posts and ask your doctor questions.

I've started my pain log and I have filled it a lot more than I thought I would. It really helps me keep track of everything. It sure will come in handy when I return to my doctor.

That's the way to do it. Get your questions ready for the Doctor.
Its important to write the average pain level for each day at the top of the day. This way you can get your average daily pain level quickly. I write up top if I cried that day. Just a thought. Not sure you cry like me. You will see your Doctor will work together now instead of alone. Knowledge is the key to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back