Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
KY
I get burning eyes, sometimes watery and occasionally a stabbing pain in eye. Does anyone else want to share any eye issues? Oh and my sister who also has it describes it as a wire brush moving over her eyes.

I get burning eyes, sometimes watery and occasionally a stabbing pain in eye. Does anyone else want to share any eye issues? Oh and my sister who also has it describes it as a wire brush moving over her eyes.
I have had eye issues. Blurry, watery, itchy, sometimes prickly like pain. I do suffer from allergies but have issues even when it isnt allergy season. Seems to come and go at random. Seems like fibro causes alot of strange symptoms OR that we are more sensitive? I feel like my body has become VERY hypersensitive to everything.

I believe it is that we feel things more in magnification, just so weary of it all but we muddle through some how. Right now my sister is beside herself with eye feeling like it's being scraped. I can't seem to console her.😐

I use hypothesize for my eyes . Sometimes I just can't open them at all . These drops seem to help and only cost about £1-90 or so in chemist. No need for prescription .
Hope that helps you and your sister.

This is a common symptom of Sjogren's, which I'm wondering if I have. My sister-in-law has it, as well.

I have blurry, dry eyes most days and some times with pain. I use my eye drops but nothing seems to help.

Thank you, I am going to ask her to try it!🙂

I seem to remember my sister's dentist told her she had Sjogren's about 20 years ago. Isn't Sjogren's a sister disease of Fibro?

I have the symptoms you describe. The stabbing can just come out of the blue and only last for a couple of seconds but is very painful. What is Sjogren's?

Hi Klikcat,
I’m taking Lyrics and it has definitely have eye issues for some time now. I was diagnosed several months ago. My eyesight is blurry and seems to be getting worse. I would like to know if I’ve had permanent damage. I called my optometrist’s office and was told to use eye drops every day for 2 weeks; it didn’t help. It is scaring me that my Eyes are continuing to get more blurry. I’m afraid of losing my eyesight.

I was diagnosed over a year ago and I never had problem with my eyes before fibromyalgia-I started having itchy,burning eyes and at some point I had blurry vision as well. I visited an optician and told me that it is common to have burning eyes due to fibromyalgia as well as due to Lyrica medication. I just have eye drops to ease the feeling of itchiness or burnings. As for the blur that occurs sometimes I haven't managed to cope with it efficiently yet...I was afraid of having MS at first but the reumatologist told me that all these symptoms are due to hypersensitivity along with fibromyalgia symptoms and medication of course. I just put drops as many times as I feel it during the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back