Eyesight issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use biotene mouth wash and a spray for my mouth, its a bit more pleasant than the gel.
Ah, yes, that's the other one I know of,
but it contains sorbitol, something I want to avoid. I use the GC raspberry gel, to not get my stomach going at night.
I make my own woolly slippers and wear two pairs at a time , that helps with my feet.
Ah, again yes: I can imagine that working too. Except outside ;)
Just that my skin needs to avoid synthetics - is that possible with 100% wool? (thicker and more expensive I spose...)
My hands I make sure my gloves go on once I am ready to get up, if I touch anything cold before i am warmed , takes a good painful while to get em back to normal.
Up out of bed is that? Or up after sitting a while? Wouldn't a heat pad or hot water bottle be better?
I keep the air at 18°C, but my body needs to be cosy warm. Just not too warm, that makes me go mad until I get it down with....
Oh just thinking of a cold shower 🥶
Yeah, one trick is I don't think of it, I just do it, distracting myself.
Just for 15 to 30 seconds and enjoy the warmth from the vasodilation coming up after.
Last night I didn't feel at all like it, but needed something, 20'' warm, 20'' hot & 10'' cold did the trick, reset everything.
My feet may sometimes go blue for a moment, but I get out quick and put my still warm socks on. Good training.

Hi jayCS, oh you make me cold just thinking about a cold shower. It’s got to be a heated pool even for me.
just getting up in the morning, my hands and feet must start the day warm lol or they will hate me all day.
yes. I Know what you mean about the upset tummy. Though I am coeliac 🥴. I do everything possible to not get “ contaminated “ with gluten.
yes my slippers definitely are awesome lol. All my family and friends have them too 😁

Oh just thinking of a cold shower 🥶
Tonight I managed to get to sleep without one. But towards the morning all the unrest in my body got so irritating that it was such a relief to do one. Think of it praps like when we cause ourselves a pain to distract from itchiness, just that the itchiness often then isn't gone, whilst after 30 seconds of cold showering all pain and unrest is down to a level I can sleep with again.... Well worth it... even if the prospect of being in the cold is hardly ever inviting to me.
Still better than some of my other 'treatments', like getting food out of an esophagus block...

Last edited:
Get an eye test. You can also get prescription glasses that will zoom in like Dennis Taylor used to wear in Snooker. Otherwise wear contacts that have been prescribed by an Optician. A local Optician to you will probably be best for you, most likely the closest one. Independent Opticians and better than chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back