Not open for further replies.

Little Bev

Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
FL
Hi. Just curious if anyone here has family members that have been diagnosed with fibro. I just learned that my cousin, who lives in a different state, has fibro. I am not close to her to ask when she was diagnosed or to get any details. But, I was just curious if its genetic or if its been proven genetic.

My daughter was diagnosed and treated for fibro years before I was. I admit I was skeptical because she is a drama queen of great porportions; feel sad about that now.
There was a time I thought they slapped the "fibro" label on anything they couldn't pin point. I'm not sure if that's true or not but thats how I felt and I didn't have a lot of empathy. That's karma for you! Now she doesn't even speak to me and we have much in common, more than ever. (No daughter advice pls; I've tried everything, sore subject which of course I brought up)Thanks.

My sister has been dealing with chronic pain way before I was diagnosed, I'm not 100% sure she has fibro tho. We are not very close to be honest, she is just my half sister, and is not very easy to even have a conversation with her. She's 10 years older than I am, maybe that's the reason we are not compatible at all. She's in constant pain almost all the time... wish we could get closer, but I don't think that will ever happen!

I have two family members that have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. One is a sibling and the other is a second cousin. It doesn't worry me at all in terms of genetics. It's not like I am going to avoid reproducing just because people in my family have health problems. There are worse afflictions to have.

my daughter has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well as myself but the rheumatologist told us that it is not genetic....?

My father was actually diagnosed with fibro before I was. He didn't admit it at first though, and thought it was just "some crap they made up." Of course, he knows now that it's a true diagnosis. We're able to talk about the symptoms. Very clear it's the same thing.

I don't have anyone in my family with fibro.

I have a brother and a few aunts. Reum'y claims it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back