fatigue flare up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaycs if I ever (somehow?) end up in Germany I’m gonna come play table tennis with you! 🏓 👍🏻 😁

Yes! that was my next thought it made more sense (cos fish tank size) I kinda worked it out (there’s hope for me yet 😆)

Table Tennis in Germany?!
I get worn out going to the local shops just up the road & as for Table Tennis,
even lifting a Chess Piece would wear me out, never mind Ping Ponging.
I aspire to Tiddlywinks but I know I'd expire after my first go.
I never did sport anyway, too competitive.
Not got the Gene for it & certainly not got the body for it.
I just think if all that exertion, energy, singe-mindedness, commitment, enthusiasm & effort etc was put into something more substantial
eg feeding the world or world peace or something along those lines, it would be time better spent
but hey, ignore me, I'm 'quirky', according to my family & everybody who knows me,
so I must be.

Last edited:
I just think if all that exertion, energy, singe-mindedness, commitment, enthusiasm & effort etc was put into something more substantial
eg feeding the world or world peace or something along those lines, it would be time better spent
Yeah, well I did learn this type of work ethics from my parents, anti-sports, doing anything for my body is immoral. It made me work hard for school as a kid, learning for 10 to 13 hours a day for exams and seemingly almost kill myself, because the sitting in an unhealthy position made my chest muscles seize up and at one point stopped me from being able to move my chest and breathe at all.... I'd done quite a bit of sports as a kid before that, then stopped and decided it's better to spend every second of my life helping people, to be good at school to be able to do that well later. But in the course of my life I realized more and more that self-care is the fundament for helping others and not self-caring kills everything, so 10 years ago was doing 1-2h of sports every day, which was good for helping me help others 10h per day. Fibro has taught me that even more. But now I can no longer do 1-2h of sports every day. Table tennis with mates didn't used to be a sport at all, I only started sweating if I played against "professionals", which I hated tho, because of their single-mindedness and inability of laughter, rather shouting angrily or victoriously all the time, as if if were a battle. At the moment, 20 minutes takes me to my limit. But it makes me laugh more than anything else in my life, helps me enjoy my body, despite its ailments. It's the most suitable form of sports for me, because a flick of the wrist is enough, and I've learnt to relax my muscles most of the time. The more relaxed I am the better I play, actually. When I'm feeling as bad as at the moment, I hardly move my legs at all while playing (sometimes feel as if I look like an octopus), and my mates have to get the ball if I ever miss one, which I usually don't, or I kick it back...
So I didn't really have much of a gene or body for it, but learnt it, and now I'm pretty good - most people I play with lose, except on a bad day. A friend of mine is adapting my story that often used to play with my left hand so that others have a chance for a children's book. In the story "I" play standing on one foot. The next idea is playing with a yo-yo with my other hand. Already started practicing, I think it might work for a short while. One friend prefers losing honourably against my right hand, rather than against my left hand, however using his own tricks like wetting the ball in puddles, making for lots of laughter, while another prefers losing in every dishonourable way possible - pre-fibro, I used to have to pay for 10 coffees if I lost a game, he for 1 coffee, but tallying that we were pretty equal....
So the way I do it I'm also helping world peace, all the many kids who will read that (school) book. Playing with my left hand used to be good exercise for my brain - now it hurts it too much. But at the moment I still spend 6-8h per day helping people, 24x the time I spend on sports - unfortunately....
My other sports are also going to the local shops just up the road. But not quite as exhilarating. Altho I look into the eyes of people above my mask, make short contact and try to light their world up with my light, while shuffling thru the aisles to save my energy for the 4' cycle back home. My 3rd type is roaring at my grandchild off and on for up to 5 minutes, moving my fingers to make me a more frightening alligator about to catch and eat toes, feet and legs. Since I can't run or catch or climb at all any more. But I'm working hard at getting back to these sports as soon as possible - sports and feeding an important part of the world at the same time....
And all my mates, actually 5 of them at the moment, are wonderfully helping a severely disabled and restricted person forget the predicament of being in a position you (maybe?) wouldn't wish your worst enemy to be in.... for a few moments on every day it's possible... (at least that seems to be their agenda, and those are the words my psychologist used thinking about her recommendation to describe my state to my colleagues...)

Last edited:
in the course of my life I realized more and more that self-care is the fundament for helping others and not self-caring kills everything
^^this!
And a lot can be accomplished if the self-care is the right kind, tailored for one's own body, and is consistently applied.

Whatever it takes to have joy in a person's individual life, whether that be animals, sports, art, reading or whatever, ( unless it contributes to that person's unwellness, or that of others ) raises the well being of that person and makes them more able to help others. And maybe even more importantly, each person who has joy in their life contributes to the overall joy level of those around them, and is more likely to do something that helps another feel better, and this can spread exponentially.

In the US, the percentage of people who say that they have joy in their life is at an all time low, worse than during The Great Depression. Countries that report the highest levels of happy people always seem to be the most productive on a personal and national level. And are the most peaceful, low crime, places to live.

Nothing that brings real joy should be sacrificed "so the energy can be put to world peace or feeding the world" or, put toward activism, or anything else. We need all of it. And peace is only found with the help of peaceful people. A person who is failing to do the things that bring them joy is not truly peaceful.

Id just love to wake up and have no pain! And the body of an athlete, as I once did.🧘‍♀️ However, I am grateful for everyday and try to get something positive out of it.( attempt to the best I can)

I caught Covid two months ago (after two vaccinations and two boosters). My symptoms started coming back a few weeks ago. Thought I had Long Covid, but now it's settled into just plain exhaustion around noon every day. I wear a CPAP at night and it hasn't been doing its job for a while; I started on Metformin when I was diagnosed with high blood sugar (Metformin can lead to low levels of B-12, thus anemia); I have urinary incontinence at night (nocturia) and have to get up many times a night to run to the bathroom. All in all, I have no idea why I'm so exhausted, but luckily I'm retired and don't have a rigorous schedule anymore, so I can take naps anytime I want. But I'd rather know why I'm so tired. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back