Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2004
Country
US
State
Mn
Just wondering what supplments help for fatigue?

I believe B12 helps alot with fatigue

So far I haven't found much for me. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements, including B12. Unfortunately, everyone is different. I hope it works for you Barbie....

It sounds strange, but for mild exercise helps fatigue

Yeah, mild exercise and massages will help, but it's something we need to do on a regular basis.

The best thing that works for me is D-ribose. It comes in a powder that mixes with water and is slightly -naturally sweet. That and B complex. If you are swallowing B-12 it will not work for you. It must be injected,(by a Dr.),or sub-q--under the tongue. Also light exercise helps for me.

Thanks for sharing that Ruralchick and that's pretty much what I think, there are small things that can make a difference and we will only know what works for us when we try it.

I'm taking a green tea supplements that gives me a lot energy. it supposedly contains 800 mg. You should always check with a doctor first though, because some supplements can cause changes in liver enzymes. Always check with the doctor first.

Def interested in the d-ribose. I did not know that our bodies make such a thing and it could possibly help with fatigue. I am going to give it a try and see if I notice a difference. I have been fighting fatigue for so long I don't remember what it feels like to feel awake and able to focus.

I have heard of D-Ribose, but have not tried it. I may have to check it out. If I can get my severe fatigue under control, I can usually deal with the pain for the most part. I'd be interested in others who have tried this.

Let me know what you think Strawberrydollar.... :)

Any thing that helps fighting fatigue is something important, at the same time we always need to know the side effects.

I haven't found a solution yet to the fatigue that often plagues me. One thing that does help on occasion, is ginseng. I haven't bought it in a while, but I think I'll pick up a few of the Arizona iced teas with ginseng the next time I visit the store, which may be later today, since I have to pick up a prescription. I always seem to forget to pick it up, but now that I've been reminded, hopefully I will remember, and can see if it still helps.

I do take a B-Complex on a somewhat regular basis, and I do think that helps a little, but I still occasionally get the overwhelming urge to lie down. When that feeling hits, nothing can stop the feeling of being run over by a fatigue bullet train and absolutely being unable to stay awake.

Isn't that the truth Warriorprincess! I haven't tried ginseng. I may grab one of those myself to try. Did you get your prescription? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back