rollinloud

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Am I the only one who feels really fatigued after eating a meal? I feel like I could take a nap right away. It hasn't always been this way though. I don't understand why I feel so tired after eating. I'm not sure how to handle it either. Should I eat less? Eat more stimulating foods like chocolate?

Am I the only one who feels really fatigued after eating a meal? I feel like I could take a nap right away. It hasn't always been this way though. I don't understand why I feel so tired after eating. I'm not sure how to handle it either. Should I eat less? Eat more stimulating foods like chocolate?

I felt that way after celebratory feasts, like Thanskgiving, in my early teens, but the feeling returned with a vengeance a couple of years ago.

I think the main component of my postprandial lethargy is age. I can remember watching grandfathers dozing in chairs while grandmothers cleaned up after dessert so the sleepiness is not necessarily linked to fibro or any other disorders featuring chronic pain.

When constantly worn out from fighting pain, piling a meal on top of daily medications can send most of us into extreme nap mode.

Have you been checked for diabetes as it's a symptom for that.

i have not been checked for diabetes but i will get checked sooner or later. maybe that is a part of my problem as diabetes does run in my family genetics. i haven't always been this way but it started up like 4 years ago. i'd get these really lethargic spells after eating. i also grew up watching my family sit in reclining chairs after dinner and dozing off before going to bed. i'm trying to not repeat that mistake.

I only registered to answer your question. I feel so sorry when I read people like you... I was like you diagnosed with fibromyalgia and what I really had was Lyme disease. I truly think fibromyalgia is a bogus diagnosis. Research for yourself. and yes, tiredness after eating was one of my main symptoms. Dont even think about eating chocolate, it feeds the bacteria of Lyme, this will make the problem worse. Good luck, Hughs.

Tired after a meal and in pain and hot! I can't lie down though because if I ever do, my acid reflux acts up! Also I can feel the food accumulating around my belly if I lie down!Jeesh!

Sometimes I agree, thinking when they can't come up with a diagnosis, they throw the fibro word on you! They give up on us, misdiagnose us, and we never get any help!

I have found if I eat sugar items like even one cookie it puts me to sleep. So I try to avoid sweet items. I have been checked for diabetes, but do not have it. I think the sugar overload causes a reaction with some part of the fibro that causes the sudden fatigue. What say you? :)

To the poster who posted that fibro is a bogus diagnoses, what do you think is the real problem then? I don't understand what you were trying to communicate above. Please elaborate for the board's benefit. I'll research chocolate more. I guess I could go back to caffeine but that has some nasty side effects too.

I was getting this, it was back when my sugar levels were REALLY high, back then I had no idea I was insuline resistant! So you could be suffering fron insuline resistance, be pre-diabetic or be already diabetic. Either way... go check yourself out! This is a clear sign something isn't ok, because once I was put on a treatment for this, I was no longer feeling this way after lunch!

Hi . I saw the topic of being fatigued really bad after meals, and had to comment, as I am the same way, and I am not diabetic. I have been checked numerous times during my adults life. I am so tired after eating a meal, I must lay down and sleep. This is mostly after dinner, as that is the largest meal of my day. I have to plan around this, by not eating out, in order to do anything, because I am useless after eating. IfI do eat out, I cannot eat very far from home, have to be nearby in order to get home to lie down right away. I feel that my body doesn't have the energy it needs to break down the food in my stomach, due to the fibro/ CFS. Not sure what the problem is.
t

I have been smoking a sativa strain of MMJ after meals recently. It has certain helped to lift my energy levels. And it feels really nice to have a smoke after meals. I've also been putting on some music after meals to get my energy up. That has also worked well. It's like I'm living in music video or something with the smoke in the air and the music bumpin!

It would seem to some that the comment made by Lauri81, was not fitting for this forum. But in truth we must say that many of us face this type of comments from our own family members and friends. There are people out there that do believe fibro is bogus. But in this case it would seem that this person was almost diagnosised with fibro until the doctor discovered Lyme disease.

This person (Hughs) feels sorry for us, and yet we in turn feel sorry for Hughs. Each of us face a array of health problems that stem from diseases that doctors do not fully understand. While this forum is a support group for those with fibro, we in turn can turn bad unfeeling comments into a postive, by not letting someone elses opinion bring us down to their level. Not believing in fibro is not a crime. But we who have it must not reduce the effort made by all who come here to keep this forum civil and uplifting.

Lets try to give positive comments back when faced with demeaning comments from non-believers. That way we do not stoop to that level of making others feel bad about themselves and maintain the support and goodwill that this forum is known for. :)

I have been noticing that almost immediately after meals lately I crash. Extremely tired. I know my fibro goes in cycles but I don't recall this before. But then with the "fog" and being so tired most of the time I might have just missed it.

I do worry about becoming diabetic as it runs in the family and since my onset of fibro I am pretty sedentary. I have checked my sugar at several points and so far so good. In one sense I almost wonder if getting diabetes would help me get my disability faster. Been fighting for it for 2 years now.

I agree with 1sweed. Let's try to be supportive of one another and keep things positive on this forum. We're all in need of help both physically and spiritually so we have congregated here. This is a place to uplift not tear down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back