DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi all,

I have had fibro for 2 1/2 years now and I have always awakened unrefreshed from 7-10 hrs of sleep. However it never really affected my life per se. Ya I was tired but it was the least of my problems, it just really wasn't that bad I guess.

However, in the last month my exhaustion has kicked up 10x and now it is my worst symptom. I had a really good 'normal' day 2 days ago, it was awesome, I felt like the old me. I took advantage of it (too much) and I now I am paying for it (to be expected). But even before that I have been insanely tired. Like all my muscles get stiff and sore and they feel like they weigh 100 lbs each. Is this what everyone else experiences when they say they are really exhausted? Once I wake up for the day I can't go back to sleep even though it is all my body seems to want.

This exhaustion also comes along with nausea. Is that normal? Like I think it is anxiety kind of because if I distract myself enough it eases. Also I will be nauseous but starving at the same time if I haven't eaten, like this morning.

Also when I feel like this, that is when my heart acts up. Palpitations, fast heartbeat, etc. I guess because I am so tired, because on my good day, my heart didn't bother me at all, no matter how much walking I seemed to do.

I just don't get it. Does anybody else?
Any advice or comment is greatly appreciated!

I get stiff all over and often feel I weight a ton. I feel sick when I'm hungry,and I shake. What your feeling is normal for someone with fibro xx

OK thanks, that makes me feel a little better knowing that someone else feels the same. Not that I want others to feel that way :(

Just my experience with the nausea. For aprox two years I was just sick to my stomach all the time. Couldnt figure it out, then I realized that I was taking my Alive (nuproxin) and my thyroid medication to close together. Some meds are tricky like that. Once I figured out the timing. No nausea. Alot of trial and error. For the body pain, I cant eat potatoes. I cannot express how messed up that is for me..Im Irish, I love pototoes. Yet, If I eat them I have a nasty flare for a few days afterwards. Weird but true. My two cents. Big hugs sent your way. Just a visual descriptive for how my body feels...I walk like a friggin giesha...little shuffling steps on the bad days. For the audio descriptive, I make Bruce Lee kung fu sounds when I move, it helps..Cause it hurts so much some days...

Many fibro folks are hypoglycemic. And many are low in Vit. D and magnesium. It helps with the pain levels and relaxing the muscles. I take mag. at night before I go to bed as it helps my aching legs. When I get nauseous I sip water, it often helps. We need to hydrate! As to pacing, I still don't
have that down. All I can think about on good days is getting things done!
Gentle hugs.

Dr. Cannell's Advanced D with Calcium and Magnesium . fish oil should also be added too.
This is a good product. Dr cannell is the executive director of the vitamin d council.
I'm not sure I can post the product name. If not check for advanced D contains 5000iu of vitamin D.

Thanks everyone for the great advice, I really appreciate it! Onward and upward, I know what you mean, since I got sick, I can't eat red meat, it makes me very sick, so weird. I also revert to goofball movies to distract from the pain! Or recently children's movies because they are simple, funny, and take me back to my childhood when I wasn't in pain I guess. I really like How to Train your Dragon. Silly I know, but I am only 23 so it isn't to weird is it?

Fortunately my vit D and magnesium are spot on, same with my thyroid, so the easier reasons for the fatigue and nausea don't exist with me. Unless these levels can fluctuate week to week... and then come back on their own. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will discuss with the doctor next time for sure.

IKnow exactly what you mean about the red meat... Dont discuss it here because I dont want to come off as some self righteous vegetarian. Meat ruins me..Im not right for weeks....So Ive have substituted the food with goofy...Great suggestion for viewing the kids movies. I would never have thought to try that. Thanks!

You are not weird for liking kids movies. The newer ones have a lot of humor for adults, it goes right over my little grandkids' heads! My husband loves How to Train Your Dragon! I don't have any trouble w/red meat. It's really strange what things can set individuals off!

Hi I also have all the symptoms the best why I find to manage it all is to do every thing a little at a time. I eat small amounts frequently that helps with the nauseous, I work a little then rest a little that helps with the fatigue. I also find having a hobby helps to divert your mind from the pain. I hope this helps.

What is sleep? What is it like to NOT be nauseous? YOU have to definetly divert your attention or you'll loose your mind. Well, I did loose my mind a couple times but escaped the looney farm! GOT TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF of will get very depressed! Bless everyone!

Laughter truly is the best medicine... Gotta giggle at my sleep deprived & pain filled self today. Otherwise it gets a tad dark & ugly.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I try to distract myself, I will watch tv, go on my computer, do some puzzles in my puzzle book, watch a movie, etc. Today I am not so tired or nauseous. I have been moving around a little by little (ragpuss) then resting. Have even been making dinners in the crock pot (which is easier I find). You chop and throw everything in, let it cook all day and then eat and then a little clean up. Breaks the process up. My boyfriend likes it too. Even made pizza, his favourite. Problem is now my head and neck are acting up. Anybody get where their head is really painful to touch? And that it feels like their face and scalp muscles are really tight? It really only affects my right side and sometimes mildly on my left. It seems to come from my neck but it is really annoying. It gets worse as I move around and better when I lay down. I guess because I am resting those neck muscles. I probably should start a new thread for this but meh oh well, maybe later. Anyways, thanks everyone for the responses. Please continue discussion lol. Laughter really is the best medicine. Sometimes I laugh hysterically randomly and my BF looks at me like I have gone mad and I just tell him I don't know why I am laughing but I need it so I don't go crazy so just leave me be and he is cool with that. If I didn't have him I would have gone nuts by now.

whitea, Have you tried a Chiropractor and or massage? It really helps me. The massage I often notice calms my mind as well as relaxes the muscles.
The Chiro really helps with the neck muscles. These are part of my "team" to help keep me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back