Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
Hi everyone.
I've been in pain for years now, but can't seem to get diagnosed. I've always had migraines and IBS and had to deal with this for years. When I was 57 I had surgery on my neck because of loosing feeling in my hands and not being able to move my arms properly. Physical therapy and the surgery fixed those problems but not the pain.The pain is everywhere, appearing randomly in different places in my body, but alays my neck and shoulders and hips and back.
Since the surgery I have been in pain constantly in varying degrees. The surgical team kind of rolled their eyes and said I couldn't get more pain meds so I learned to cope with taking Advil. My primary physician just said he was sorry I was going through this and prescribed Tramadol but that helped very little so I quit taking it.

I then moved to Seattle and by that time the pain had turned to more disturbing problems ,like being jabbed by a needle randomly in my body every few minutes.
It was hard to sleep and I was in tears a lot. I just hurt all over. The first doctor I went to here actually took me seriously and tried injection points in my back and lidocaine patches and finally gabapentin. Gabapentin helped a lot with the stabbling pains but not the overall aches and muscle pains. Through several doctors I have been put on a cocktail of Gabapentin,Advil,Duloxetine and medical marijuana. It feels a bit better, but the migraines continue and now I am starting to have constant muscle spasms anywhere in my body and generally dont want to be touched. Bright lights and sounds make me very uncomfortable and I have a level of fatigue that just wont go away whether I seem to sleep well or not. I can't think straight, everyday problems overwhelm me and I end up in tears. Sometimes its hard to even cook dinner if the recipe is at all complicated.I walk the dog almost a mile a day but when I come back I'm done and have to sit for an hour before I can do anything else due to pain and exhaustion.
They have done extensive blood testing,, cardiac testing and are now sending me to physical therapy again, but no one will say what I have.....Why won't they diagnose me?
Any suggestions would be welcome.

I feel you! I have had back and neck pain for years but more recently (even typing now my hand is killing me and all up my arm is going numb into my elbow :() Its kind of scary as hell it feels like numb kind of as well as joint pain/tender spots in my hands, wrists elbows. I feel bruised on insides of knees and ribs (worse during pms) and my back is so excrutiating sometimes that I feel like crying just to get dinner done at the end of the day just about everyday. Its like I have 3 diffrent types of pain all at once in many diffrent spots. To the point of my husband says "what is it today?" :( I feel you on the fatigue too . Its like just after a few hours or one task you are hurting and tired, I have 3 kids and after I get them off to school Im ready for a nap. but I have a 3 year old at home. I struggle some days and we lay down for quite time every day just about. and I have too!! what I found to help me is kratom, fibro response supplement. I still have days and times that its really bad even with that and I have to take somthing stronger (if I can) but I really try to keep that down to 2 days a week. I also have MM but I think that helpd more mentally and def. helps me sleep . so anyone looking for pain relef I suggest those. theres also a cream called fibro by topricin on amazon Im trying out now. Good luck to you. Its very hard to get a diagnosis Ive had a RFA in my back which didnt help at all and that dr. basically told me he didnt know why I was in pain and he could no longer help me. my new dr. Ive only seen once so far but she ordered blood work to rule out RA and anything "out there" as well as xrays and said we could do an mri but I had one done a few years back .which showed DD so it can be a combo of things you have going on now . my new dr. I told her my mom was diagnonsed with fibro and Ive been reading about it and it really sounds like it what do you think? and she said "yes!, I was thinking It could be fibromyalgia we will rule outother possibilities first"she gave me molxicam which doesnt help me at all and sent me to pt. Im thinking seeing a rhemotologist is the way to go for a diagnosis, they have the most experience with fibro. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back