Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Ugh I feel like I'm pinned down. I feel like lead.

My arms, shoulders and legs.

Any tips apart from rest to stop this rotten feeling?

hi Forgetmenot, long time since I saw you here.

That feeling is awful, and I have had it also. I have tried various things, and the only things that seems to help at all are to go for a walk, swinging my arms slightly, (if the feeling is in my arms or shoulders....if only my legs, then just the walk). This seems to get the circulation going and that helps, or else use a heating pad on the affected areas. It doesn't make that heavy feeling go away completely, but it seems to help.

Walking doesn't seem to help me. But the heat pads are a good idea.

No, I've been looking after my daughter who's been ill, so not online about much.

What often reduces this (plus helps me walk) is putting legs up against a wall. And holding arms up, if necessary also leant against a wall, hooked together and/or lying on something to keep them up.
Also Wim Hof's breathing exercise, to pump oxygen into me.
Rather than heat or cold pads, I prefer a 1 minute shower of either, in my case of course cold. Both may increase it however. They probably wouldn't reduce it, but help tolerate it, fog it over or provide a change, a stimulus.
And to stop it feeling rotten, I try to accept what's left by succumbing, doing passive things that don't let me feel it as much for a time, and then trying actively to change it again.
I don't allow things that pull my body down to pull my mind/feelings down if I can help it.

Yer not easy , I'm trying to decorate my room.but it's going to take weeks.still every bit I do is moving forward I guess,even if I can't move after an hour lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back