Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UAE
State
Dubai
This is my first posting and I guess I'm just looking for help coming to grips with the fact it's not something you can just fix or have surgery for and feel better.
After having my Appendix rupture, kidney stones, infection, DJ stent and then Gallstones lead to the removal of my Gallbladder, then the Endoscopy finding my stomach full of ulcers into my small intestine all in the past 9 months I now have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
I'm relieved to have a diagnoses but now a little lost as to how to begin to get my life back when I don't even feel like I can get off the couch most of the time.
My appointment with the Rheumatologist was brief and to the point.
Your blood work is Negative for Autoimmune diseases.
You do have Fibromyalgia.
Take 75mg of Lyrica at bedtime & come back in a month.
If I wasn't depressed before I sure am now!
I live in Dubai, UAE and feel pretty isolated from family & friends back in the US
I hope the Doctors over here start showing me something better than they have so far. Oh and they do not give pain medication over here like they do in the states, it is very controlled and you get Tylenol for major surgery recovery.

Ms deb.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I understand your concerns as to the indifferent ways doctors treat patients with fibro. I think the doctors are as baffled as we are because there is no cure and the medications only help to a small degree, so they become numb to our complaints. And we go to these doctors full of hope that something anything can be done to cure the problem and then find out sorry but your out of luck, but here try this and come back in a month. I think almost everyone on the forum has run into this at one time or the other and yes, it is very depressing.

You might want to read through the posts on alternative methods and also on pain and fatigue. These posts contain other ways or things to try in improving sleep and side effects of medications, pain management and ways to combat fatigue.

Please join in and post questions or just add answers to questions posed by other members. This gives you a chance to share your thoughts and feelings. with others who understand what is going on and can offer support. Also gives you a chance to make new friends as well.

See you around the forum. :)

You must not feel alone. There are other people just like you. Here, you will get to learn more about this condition and how to live with (and even make some new friends)!

Thank you both so much for responding to my posting! I had an appointment with my Gastrologist today and he told me not to take the Lyrica because it would make my stomach ulcers bleed. I had a bad feeling about this drug after reading all the reviews so I haven't taken any yet.
I'm wanting to face this with diet and exercise if I can just get enough strength up to cook for myself again and get back to walking I know this will help some. I was eating Paleo before I started to feel really bad so I'm wanting to get back on this way of eating again.
I bought the book Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain today and plan to start Physical Therapy soon.
I have so much to learn now and I appreciate more than words can say you taking the time to share information with me.
Here's to better Days ahead!
Deb

I'm sorry you feel so overwhelmed. You're definitely not alone. You'll find helpful tips on how to deal with fibro. There are dietary and lifestyle tips that can hopefully help you with the pain. Hang in there!

Thank you both so much for responding to my posting! I had an appointment with my Gastrologist today and he told me not to take the Lyrica because it would make my stomach ulcers bleed. I had a bad feeling about this drug after reading all the reviews so I haven't taken any yet.
I'm wanting to face this with diet and exercise if I can just get enough strength up to cook for myself again and get back to walking I know this will help some. I was eating Paleo before I started to feel really bad so I'm wanting to get back on this way of eating again.
I bought the book Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain today and plan to start Physical Therapy soon.
I have so much to learn now and I appreciate more than words can say you taking the time to share information with me.
Here's to better Days ahead!
Deb

We appreciate your words as well and we are also very glad to have you here. Remember that treating you disease is sometimes more important than any other condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back