Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
TX
Feeling blue today. Went to gynecologist because of breast and arm pain, and she said I had fibrocystic breast disease - another list of foods to avoid. The pain is so tiring. I keep unconsciously elevating my arms a little out from my sides and now I have knots in my biceps that itch and burn.

Also, due to a mixup/change in my pharmacy I have been out of my injectable B12 for 2 weeks. I have been feeling more and more achey, tired and sad, touchy and irritable :sad:

B12 is supposed to get here today or tomorrow.

I hate feeling depressed like this, because it feels like I am being forced to feel sad against my will - does that make any sense?

Hi Joybird56, Welcome to the forum. I am interested in hearing about your B12 shots. Do they really help with the sore muscles? I have been going through severe pain these last few weeks and figured the problem was the heat and humility. I like cooler weather and this hot muggy days and nights are making me hurt all over. I had never heard that B12, could be helpful.

I hope you get your meds soon. And yeh, I understand that creeping in depression. It can be made worse by pain. Looking forward to talking with you more and reading your other posts. :)

I would love to know about b 12 shots also! ��. And 1sweed? The heats a killer, I'm barricadING myself in the house today. Yesterday I went outside and worked what Icould in the garden, but paid for it all night. Easy does it, my brain still sais" High hoe, away" but my body sais, "slow down ya overachiever"!

I have an actual B12 deficiency so that is why I take shots. I went to the doctor and asked her to check B12, then she told me I was fine, but a nurse/nutritionist looked at my results and said I was just a little above what is considered pernicious anemia levels, and I was already below neurological damage levels (I have neuropathy now) and my doctor had not changed with the times. This nurse called the doctor and got her to start me on cyanocobalamin. A more knowledgable doctor switched me to methycobalamin and tripled my dose based on what I was absorbing.

I do not have the painful points in my muscles, so cannot speak to those, but the B12 helps my joint pain, achyness, energy, and brain fog, and it also helps my depression. I also take thyroid pills for all those symptoms too. I have been lucky in that this second doctor is so good, but I seriously can't afford her!

Thanks for your reply. Most people only take B12 if they need it and it is then prescribed by a doctor. I think sometimes we go gunho for taking things without knowing if we need it or not. In your case it is very much needed. Sharing reasons why it is needed helps others on the forum make better choices in choosing types of over the counter items to take or not take.

Hay joy bird.i offen feel down, and it goes against my bi polar lol. I hate feeling like I wanna burst into tears.but sometimes u have to allow yourself a day of feeling sorry for yourself.
Don't worry Hun just come In here and let it all out x

joybird,

I have fibrocystic breast disease as well. Did your doc talk to you about lecithin, evening primrose oil, and vitamin e for helping with symptoms?

I was prescribed B12 shots as well. I stopped them in July because I could no longer afford to go to the doctor every month for the injections. I started supplementing with OTC B12 dissolving nuggets, but it's just not the same as the shot. A couple of ladies I know inject their B12 themselves. I don't know if I could do that. How long have you been on B12?

I hope you get some relief once your B12 comes.

My breasts feel fiberous somewhat to me, but my gyns have never pointed it out. I used to have tremendous pain in my breasts, I took evening primrose oil supplements for it and found it was quite helpful. I have since been told there isn't much evidence for why it works or if it really does or is placebo. Well as long as it isn't harmful and your docs seem fine with it, I don't really care personally.

I know a lot of people with CFS have taken prescription B12 shots and some have found them helpful. My blood levels of B12 seem (mid-normal) fine so I don't want to risk an imbalance. I'm glad that even if you were "low-normal" that they are treating it and it is helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back