Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
UK
State
WY
Does anyone wake up everyday day feeling like they are going to vomit?also I have been blessed enough to be able to go do some gardening the past 2 days but I am fed up because I just wanted to be able to do more but now on a hot summer day I. Sat I my heated throw because I am I so much pain and now feel totally exhausted feet are constantly throbbing 😩😫🙃just wanted to vent to people who understand

I understand, as do many!
I have had chronic nausea problems for years, so I know that one too. I have found the best thing for that, for me, is using medical cannabis, but it doesn't work for everyone and is not legal where you are....

I love to work outside on my land, but have learned the hard way how to listen to my body and, no matter what, stop when it gives me the slightest cue that it is reaching the point of having had enough. Sometimes that is after 10 minutes! But usually I can go longer.

The really hard thing for me was first, really learning to listen and pay attention to my body because all my life I always just worked through anything. And second, being willing to stop even if I had only just gotten started, when I am just not the kind of person who stops something instead of finishing it.

But when I did learn those things (and it took a while, believe me) it was very beneficial to me. Now, I just go out and start, and all the time I am checking in with my body. I stop the moment there's a twinge. I may still pay for it a bit later, but it isn't ever as bad as it used to be. It's excruciatingly hard to learn to be OK with this, but over time, you do learn, and then it gets easier.

In the meantime, feel free to vent and moan here!

Reactions: Ana
I agree with sunkacola I have found medical edibles work the best for me. They really help me sleep also so I try to only use for bed or if in pain or really soar. IT also should help with nausea. I get way more done when I use edibles. In my states it's legal with a license so I make them. Hope you feel better.

Thanks for the replies guys I have been trying pacing a bit more lately which has been beneficial I have been using cannabis here for some time now which does help I must say but I just hate that feeling every morning

Does anyone wake up everyday day feeling like they are going to vomit?also I have been blessed enough to be able to go do some gardening the past 2 days but I am fed up because I just wanted to be able to do more but now on a hot summer day I. Sat I my heated throw because I am I so much pain and now feel totally exhausted feet are constantly throbbing 😩😫🙃just wanted to vent to people who understand
Hi Fibro mum,
I know that some people experience nausea as an ongoing symptom of their fibro, but are you on any medications that might be worth reviewing? After a couple of months on Duloxetine (Cymbalta) I developed horrible nausea that stayed with me 24 hours a day for months. Once I weaned myself of that medication, the nausea mostly subsided. May not apply to you, but could be worth considering. Good luck 🌻

Fibro Mum............I am assuming you have already tried a carefully planned elimination diet to find out if you are intolerant to something you eat? If not, do that.
My chronic nausea problem was cut down to about 20% of what it used to be when I stopped eating gluten.

This could be a reason as I was on at least 4 sedatives for a few months until today when the doctors only just realised

Hello fibro mum of two and longtimer, we’re the only 3 on right now guess it’s a quiet forum day or everyone’s having fun somewhere? How does having fibro and being a mum aswell impact you?

Hi auriel hope you are OK today I find it exhausted and its hard because I am a single parent too my eldest is 11 with behaviour problems so it is quiet.full on x

Do you have a good support network? And yeah I’m ok lots of pain but that’s fibro for you😒does your 11 yr old have a diagnosis like adhd or just behavioural issues?

Yes my family is good when I'm in a flare up my sister or mum have them and they live up the road also my 2 brothers help me out too so I'm blessed that way glad your OK hope the pain subsides for you 🙏my pain is starting up too but had a busy day no hes not had a diagnosis yet but I am getting help so hopefully..what would you say is the worst thing about fibromyalgia for you auriel?

That’s good I’m glad you got good help😇I guess for me it’s the fatigue when it wipes you out and you feel like the day after you’ve had a big night of drinking (even though you haven’t) and the limitations I can’t cook cos of mine oh and the weight gain 😠

Yeah I know that fatigue to well and my weight gain has been bad too never was this big full term pregnant 😅 I'm thinking of trying swimming once a week

I like swimming too 💕 our pools are open now so I think I’ll go next week .i have to try harder to lose weight cos I have hypothyroid too and cos I can’t cook it seems like everything is bread based which doesn’t help🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back