Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
NB
Hi I'm new to this site. I have fibromyalgia. I have been living with it for over 20 years. I was wondering if anyone experienced where you just can't fight fibromyalgia anymore This is how I'm feeling. I just can't take the pain and deal with it anymore. Any suggestions :cry::sad:

Re: newbie

I understand and I'm also not surprised you feel this way. I think it just makes you normal and human.

There's no doubt in my opinion that one of the worst side effects of Fibromyalgia is depression or the too often feelings of helplessness. Who wouldn't feel helpless after what seems like a lifetime of discomfort and pain. The fact you're feeling this way is normal. These feelings are unavoidable at times, but there are things that can help reduce the frequency or level of occurrence.

I think the following are all helpful:
  • Fresh air and going out for contemplation
  • Medication to help manage the level of depression (I find it helps keep things more manageable so that I can actually do the things that will help make me feel better (without, it gets so bad that I feel like I'm being swallowed up by helplessness)
  • Excercise
  • Spending time talking with freinds or family (and communities like this support group)
There's many recommendations; find what works for you. But do know that these are normal feelings and don't have to consume you every day.

Are there things you enjoy? Do you find you're spending too much time alone? Being alone is a good thing if you're enjoying it, but if you're isolating yourself it can be a negative, I've done this.

Random thoughts, but I hope you can find something helpful. We're probably not so different and if so, have had the same feelings of everything being grey, pointless, tasteless and endless. Feelings that "what's the point", "why bother". Do know, these feelings are just one point of negative view and it doesn't have to be that way; it really is a choice and we can choose to feel different with a little effort a change of perspective.

Hello, over55, I know where your coming from but don't give up. I am 63 and have had fibro, since I was in my early 30's if not soon, but it took me a longtime to find out what was wrong. Please go find a counselor somewhere's like local government guidance center, where they usually go by your income when setting a price or even your church pastor or family doctor can help with anti-depressive or anxiety medication.

Please read though the posts where many of us talk about simple things you can do at home to reduce pain. Try the things that David has suggested. Get fresh air, go for short walks if you can, read books, cuddle under a warm blanket from the dryer, watch funny movies as laughter is good for the soul they say, come here often and share your feelings and we will try to offer encouragement.

Just know your not alone and we believe you and understand the pain your in.

Hi Over55,

I understand ,This disease is hard to deal with. The pain and fatigue can be relentless.It can bring us down.

Everyone has those times when they think, how can I keep doing this for so long, but we have to look at the good things in life.

If you have children or family, they would want u to keep pushing on.

Maybe u can get your medications adjusted to help you through this hard time.
Therapists are great, sometimes telling someone what your going through gives us some relief.
That someone understands.

Please know that there are many people feeling the same way that you are feeling.

Keep fighting and never give up.We are here for a reason.

Feel relief soon
Sagey

I 100% agree its so hard to fight sometimes....i have found my symptoms have got so much worse since i got older and had lots of stress in one go...in some ways we get wiser with years of dealing with this disease in other ways we get so worn out as we get older too that its easy to feel like giving up.

If i could still go out and get fresh air and have short walks im sure it would help....roll on summer for us all and for you over 55 maybe the spring and summer will lighten your mood and help a little.

Im going to treat myself to a more luxurious outdoor arm chair of some sort to encourage me outside more this summer..maybe its something you could consider over55 and anyone else who struggles to get out.

Gentle hugs and best wishes to all on this thread..i notice there many new peole making great contributions and willing to share their emotions and struggles. on the forum lately.....i appreciate all of you my fibro friends as it gives me comfort still to think im not alone in my darkest moments.x

I want to thank of all of you that replied. You give a lot of insights. It doesn't help when the weather down here doesn't want to co-operate. It has been hard the past week to get out as we had one winter storm after another all week. Today it is nice and sunny so I think I will clean my balcony. David I do have some hobbies that I like to do. For instance genealogy, making my gifts for Christmas, wedding etc.

Hi over55. I know how you're feeling, this illness is like a rollercoaster, up one minute & down the next. I was feeling like that not so long ago but am trying to get some positivity back. Fibro makes us stronger even though a lot of the time it doesn't feel like it. Hope you turn a corner soon. This forum is the only place I feel like fibro is very real and not just in my head like a lot of people might think.

Just got to tough it out. I handle mine with a leaf. LOL. I wonder how many people have had such success at managing pain with flare ups? I'm in the best time {body} of my life. I wish I could know if any one else has had success. How do I post a thread?

Just got to tough it out. I handle mine with a leaf. LOL. I wonder how many people have had such success at managing pain with flare ups? I'm in the best time {body} of my life. I wish I could know if any one else has had success. How do I post a thread?

Hey endYourPainNow, what strain(s) are you using ? I'm big on Cannatonic, plus a few I came up with by crossing a couple other high CBD varieties. Still use Percs most days, but have reduced the morphine to practically zero, 'cept during a flare.

Posting in a forum is simple: you can reply to a post, or create a new thread by clicking on 'New Thread' button at the top left of the forums page. To clarify, if you are reading a thread, you can't post a new message, you can only reply. If at the forums page which lists the many threads, this is where you start a new one. Hope this makes sense !

DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back