Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
Right off I should warn u this isn't a fuzzy feel good talk. BUT.....PLEASE IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT HAS BEEN WHERE IM AT, I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT. I RECENTLY HAD A TRIP TO HELP SOMEONE MOVE, DUE ING THIS TRIP AT OUR MORNING COFFE, THE WAS A TV ON REP OR ING A STORM, I GREW THIS to others attention. Wellll ll this storm was not where we were, but in tiny script under the news reporter were ticker tape reporting the true place. My Husband said "sarcastically that's not here.....talking down to me. The one person whom I love most in the whole world said" what's happened to you? I wanted to run and cry, this was no place to tell her about fibromyalgia

I'm sure others have been where I'm at, I need so badly encouragement. Now the depression is worse and I just want to run away.

Sorry you are having a stressful time. I'm not real clear on your comments, but as I read things I know we cannot take on things we cannot control. It takes work and practice, but to load ourselves with other's issues.. can hurt us more. sorry...

Right off I should warn u this isn't a fuzzy feel good talk. BUT.....PLEASE IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT HAS BEEN WHERE IM AT, I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT. I RECENTLY HAD A TRIP TO HELP SOMEONE MOVE, DUE ING THIS TRIP AT OUR MORNING COFFE, THE WAS A TV ON REP OR ING A STORM, I GREW THIS to others attention. Wellll ll this storm was not where we were, but in tiny script under the news reporter were ticker tape reporting the true place. My Husband said "sarcastically that's not here.....talking down to me. The one person whom I love most in the whole world said" what's happened to you? I wanted to run and cry, this was no place to tell her about fibromyalgia

I'm sure others have been where I'm at, I need so badly encouragement. Now the depression is worse and I just want to run away.
I'm new to the forum but have been sick with fibro since 1998. Being where we are is scary for everyone.
Men like to believe we are always strong and healthy. You didn't ask to be sick and he needs to come to terms
with it. For better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. Speaking to a professional will help, the
pain will bring depression. Don't give up. He will come around. ��

I'm sorry that you were treated badly. If you can encourage him to learn more about fibro, perhaps he will understand. If he doesn't, I hope you can find someone who does. It is hard to walk through this or any chronic illness alone. And remember, you can't control his insensitivity, but you can shape your response. Try not to let the negative seep into your heart. See a counselor if you can--one who deals with chronic pain. And know that we are always here and we DO understand. Hugs.

At least you have your husband. I dont have any wife. The number of male fibro is very rare.

Thank you! I'm sure we're headed for divorce if I don't have a miracle. But, I know I'm in God's hands.

Hi Moe. I'm a newbie, but I understand how you feel. In my case its my sister. She doesn't want to accept what's going on with her "little" sister. I've tried to get her to understand that I didn't pick this. She always asks me if I get out of the house, get up and move around, it will make you feel better. I still love her but its hard sometimes. I am thankful for my husband and my best friend. They both understand. My friend has psoriasis and my husband has Chronic Pancreatitis.

Gentle hugs

Sending you love and light.

Brahmatorry. Being alone is bad enough but living with someone who is meant to love u and look after u is fear worse when they don't.
I'm really sorry your single but so am I .its not easy for a women or a man to find a soul mate when your in pain and can't join in and do things.
But fate or God will find us someone some day. Hugs x

I am sorry you are feeling so sad and defeated and I'm sending you a hug along with prayers.

I have had this illness for 12 years but the one constant factor, other than pain, is my husband. I am blessed beyond belief and I know it! He knew me before the nightmare began so he knows I don't give up and make myself keep going. So when I have a bad day or days he is understanding. Only 1 of my sisters has made the effort to read, understand and support me.

Maybe you could bring along your husband for a dr. Consult or read to him the awful side effects, etc. please don't give up. My first year was extremely difficult but in many ways after 12 years I've learned to cope and deal the best I can.

I'm terribly sorry. It must be difficult to go through this awful illness alone.
Hopefully you will be able to find someone. My ex brother in law thought he had it until he ended up with a dr who checked
His hormone levels and this. Helped him tremendously. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back