Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
PT
State
Portugal
I am not 40 yet, but close and I don't think I have fibromyalgia, but the fact is I get extremely tired every single time I exercise and unless I take some sort of supplements in the next days I have a lot of muscle pains. Can these be some early symptoms or is this totally unrelated?

It's hard to say. You certainly sound like a candidate, and you are quite young to be getting the normal aches that come with age. I would keep a close eye on how your symptoms develop over time.

You should go get tested nonetheless. I am in the process of doing so myself. I have pains that are not normal and they are random. It gets pretty severe sometimes and I'm so tired, feels like my body is made out of lead and I'm dragging myself around. I'm looking for a good doctor, they are so hard to find now a days.

It's difficult to say at this point. You do have many of the common symptoms of fibromyalgia. The trouble is that other diseases mimic these symptoms. You really need to go to the doctor and find out quickly.

Difficult to tell, but I honestly doubt it. It's normal to get aches after trying a new exercise or over doing it a bit, if I were you I'd not worry about it. There are a ton of other scary and not so scary diseases that cause fatigue... like for real, a lot harmless and not so harmless diseases can cause that. If I were you I'd try to find the source of that fatigue, isn't normal... try to find out when you feel it, if after eating, exercising or at certain of the day or after doing x thing.

You should go get tested nonetheless. I am in the process of doing so myself. I have pains that are not normal and they are random. It gets pretty severe sometimes and I'm so tired, feels like my body is made out of lead and I'm dragging myself around. I'm looking for a good doctor, they are so hard to find now a days.

I hear ya, I'm in the process of finding a rheumatologist and good orthopedist, but as you say finding a good doctor nowadays it's so hard. I mean, isn't like we are truly expecting from them to really care about us or anything like that, we ask they at least care to do their JOB right. Isn't much really, I guess most docs out there have no real vocation.

the fact that the muscle pains are not consistent and constant suggest that you probably don't have Fibro, however it does sound like you COULD have CFS, but given your age it is hard to tell. It could simply be that your diet isn't giving you enough vitamins and mineral, and thus your supplements are resolving this.

I can understand the tiredness all too well, I have to take at least 1 nap per day, I manage to stay awake once I get my family off in the morning, then by the time 3pm comes, my body wants to crash. I just found out that I have fibro last year, and started my medication for it this year. I deleted Gluten from my diet and make sure to have healthy things to eat, it has helped but the truth is the pain just lessens at times but truly never goes completely away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back