Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
Hi, all newbie here.I've had symptoms for 15 years, diagnosed 5 yrs ago. I've had headaches all my life, but escalated to migraines after severe life-changing reaction to Levaquin. Amitriptylline, Gabapentin, Migrelief, several OTC supplements. Was on a beta blocker but side effects too much. Now, have baldness to both temples (I'm a woman) and not sure if fibro caused or beta blocker or ? Dr. now wants to start me on Topamax, but I'm scared as I react oppositely to a lot of meds, i.e. Niquil keeps me up, caffeine makes me sleep, etc.; my husband calls me "opposite girl". I am so thankful I found this forum as i now know that I am not alone. I feel everyone's pain that I've read in these forums and sympathize/empathize with all of you. How do all of you keep away the useless feelings that I have? I can't work so it's all on my husband's shoulders. Every single time I do any "normal" activity causes repercussions. Trying to help daughter plan wedding for this year; other daughter married last year. I feel like a shadow of my former self and I want that person that body back. How do you all cope with everything? How do you feel that you contribute in your household? How do you try to explain to your husband that "it's not you it's me"? How do I stop my family from constantly asking "how are you today?"? or "do you have a migraine today?"? or "I don''t want you doing that if you're not up to it"? How do you get support without your family feeling sorry for you all that time.? How do you stop the frustrated- fueled complaining? I'm so sorry to ramble. I am finding this post to be cathartic, though. I hope that all of you have a good day today or at least a better one than yesterday, which is a blessing. thank you all for "listening".

I hear you and am definitely 'listening'....i just want to say hi and welcome....i will reply more later as its towards the end of the day and my hands are hurting but i will get back to you later..please feel free to vent here there are so many lovely people who will understand.

Hiya. Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure that I do manage all of the above or even many of those. I'm up & down so much! Today is a bad day & I know that the days to come will be progressively worse! Last weekend I felt almost normal & walked a couple of miles each day with my sisters pup, I was a bit sore afterwards but not too bad. Today I can barely move & not because I've overdone it. I know how you're feeling & how frustrating this is but sometimes just even typing out a message on here helps a lot just getting it off your chest. I don't think my husband understands at all & my kids who are 9 & 11 are constantly asking if I'm okay, a lot of the time I'm just putting a brave face on & muddling through. We cope though cos we're a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for. Don't be so hard on yourself ��

I have given up on explaining to others fibromyalgia. I always tell them to google it as it is a huge ubella term for so many symptoms and each case is different. I luckily have a supportive husband who is also a doctor of medicinal chemistry and he researches everything. I am off gabepentin and lyrica and the variety of drugs I was put on as I needed to have clarity of mind. I am having a relapse now and my husband noticed it before me. No clue why or what set it off. I am however aware now that it an come back, and when it does it is aggravating and I resent it. Much empathy to all of you on a similar journey. Andee

I hear ya sista!! You're preaching to the choir! You're words aptly describe my life and thoughts. If I had answers I would gladly share them as I'm at this point attempting to trouble shoot everyone of your questions in my own life. All I can say is "hold your head up with a determined chin and push forward".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back