Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Periodically I get severe cramps in my feet (mainly toes) and calves. This happens mostly at night, but toe cramps also occur during the day. Some nights I wake several times tring to walk them off soakin in cold water. Nothing I do seems to help. Does anyone have any suggestions for relief? Thanks!

I have always heard that magnesium made a huge difference in what cramps is concerned. Have you tried magnesium supplements?

I think the best one is a magnesium and calcium combo pill.
But sometimes I just took a calcium anti acid pill at bed time and it seems to stop my legs from moving.
I hate that when my legs move and wake me up.

Also an epson salt bath would get the magnesium into your calves and feet.

Why do you use cold water? did you try warm water?

Reactions: RLG
my answers keep getting deleted: soak your feet in a plastic pan of warm water with Epson salt in the water.

It keeps getting deleted... soak your feet in some warm water that has some epson salt in the water.

Foot and leg cramps are a common problem in patients suffering from fibromyalgia. It can result from dehydration, therefore a patient should drink plenty of water. Make sure you have ample electrolytes like sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Another way to check these cramps is to warm up and stretch gently even if it is a walk.

Are you sure you are not suffering form the restless leg syndrome? There is a big chance you do. I had the very same thing for a couple weeks, it was so annoying. I had cramps and some muscle contractions. Pus and odd feeling in my legs and feet. Never knew what that was exactly, someone told me it could have been the restless legs syndrome. Better ask your GP.

I am new to this site but felt like I really needed to jump in here on this post. One of the things that I have found that has helped me tremendously at night is a lotion I ran across at the local drugstore. Its an unscented epsom lotion with natural epsom salt and it is made by morton. Comes in a white and blue bottle. If I remember correctly, it only cost a couple of bucks but has been worth every penny. I apply it every night before going to bed. It also has seemed to help with restless leg as well. Amazon does carry it, but found it was much more expensive there than at my local Walgreens. I also take additional magnesium as well which has helped with the leg and foot cramps too. Hope this helps.

Yes, always take extra magnesium. I know it isn't restless leg syndrome (per my PCP) and I drink tons of water, plus take calcium supplements (per my chiropractor). The only thing I haven't tried is the epsom lotion, and epsom salt soak. Thanks to all of you who suggested these, will give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back